Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   If You Wanted To Race? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/193548-if-you-wanted-race.html)

Aqua Banshee 08-20-2008 12:41 PM

If we were going to do it again. I would not change a thing.

A canopy is a must if your wife is in the boat.

A SVL boat gives you the option of racing in any org.

The 525 is almost bullit proof. A 525 might cost more but also hold there value + Mercury support

How fast does your wife want to go?

How tough is she?

We debated on running OPA vs OSS. If you only plan on racing a few races its a good place to start, and some races are close to home for you.

If you plan on racing hard and don't like speeding tickets OSS all the way.

BAJA WILL 08-20-2008 12:51 PM

I thought the Bat Boats had a Lease program a few years back for race boats. I thought that was a really cool way to see if you want to race with out laying out the dough right away. Just a thought??

Will

Ryan Beckley 08-20-2008 12:54 PM

You can "rent" a seat in a bat boat a selected race contact Chris Reindl about it......

Chris Reindl
One Design Racing, LLC
(513) 706-3199
(480) 593-0407
9600 Whitegate Ln.
Cincinnati, OH 45243

Ron P 08-20-2008 12:56 PM

I'd recommend attending a few races so you can see the difference in the way the events are run. See what's more to your liking. The next OSS race is in Lake of the Ozarks at the Horny Toad on Sept 26 -28.

Vee Lite is the biggest bang for the buck and you can also race it in OPA or SBI in P4 class. OSS offers no entry fee racing to the Vee Lite class and still pays out a purse. Typhoon walked away with over 4k in Orange Beach for the VL win. Overall, we payout a $50,000 purse at every race. The purse money is broken up based upon the number of boats in the class, so the more boats in your class, the larger the payout.

If you would like a document showing the benifits of racing with OSS, just send me an email.

Thanks
Ron
[email protected]

Ratickle 08-20-2008 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2658328)
You can race any boat in P -Class .

Just need a GPS and VHF RADIO, Helmets and your good to go.

And your wife will be fine inany boat if she realy whants to race.
They had an all ladies Team in F1 ( Twisted Chix )
They raced a 30 foot Phantom ,open cockpit at 85 + MPH.

Hell, i sell you mine.
Complette race ready fresh motor and # 4 SSM. Incl. everything you need.

I thought P5 had to be 30' or less, perfect conditions no more than 75 in OSS/OPA and 72 in SBI/APBA?

Ratickle 08-20-2008 01:25 PM

It looks like SVL is the class everyone says is best starter class. The boats would be legal for P5 with power which would allow it to not exceed 72mph in SBI/APBS and 75mph in OSS/OPA? Then legal in SVL with a sealed 525? It looks like the SVL's averaged over 90mph in Havasu and around 80+ in the offshore races.

Real question, not my usual sarcasm; Why are all the SVL's Phantoms or Extremes, (1 Lavey?) and there are no Fountains?

Ratickle 08-20-2008 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2658510)
I'd recommend attending a few races so you can see the difference in the way the events are run. See what's more to your liking. The next OSS race is in Lake of the Ozarks at the Horny Toad on Sept 26 -28.

Vee Lite is the biggest bang for the buck and you can also race it in OPA or SBI in P4 class. OSS offers no entry fee racing to the Vee Lite class and still pays out a purse. Typhoon walked away with over 4k in Orange Beach for the VL win. Overall, we payout a $50,000 purse at every race. The purse money is broken up based upon the number of boats in the class, so the more boats in your class, the larger the payout.

If you would like a document showing the benifits of racing with OSS, just send me an email.

Thanks
Ron
[email protected]

Thanks, Will try to make it to LOTO. We've been to the world's several times, the old Grand Haven races when the Silver Cup was going on, and to St Clair this year.

Ratickle 08-20-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 2658505)
You can "rent" a seat in a bat boat a selected race contact Chris Reindl about it......

Chris Reindl
One Design Racing, LLC
(513) 706-3199
(480) 593-0407
9600 Whitegate Ln.
Cincinnati, OH 45243

Thought about it for St Clair when he said he had a couple left.

Pete B 08-20-2008 01:32 PM

The LOTO race last year was off the hook, and this years will be even better with racing Sat and Sun, the heat concept was awesome in Orange Beach..

Ratickle 08-20-2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee (Post 2658487)
If we were going to do it again. I would not change a thing.

A canopy is a must if your wife is in the boat.

A SVL boat gives you the option of racing in any org.

The 525 is almost bullit proof. A 525 might cost more but also hold there value + Mercury support

How fast does your wife want to go?

How tough is she?

We debated on running OPA vs OSS. If you only plan on racing a few races its a good place to start, and some races are close to home for you.

If you plan on racing hard and don't like speeding tickets OSS all the way.

Fast for her is relative. She falls asleep in the Scorpion at 70+ in 2 to 3's across the back seat, but hates running 70+ in the same water in the Empress.:D Of course 23' with a 18 degree bottom vs 39' with a 24 degree bottom.:rolleyes:

I like the speeding ticket comment, T2x would be proud of you.