Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
We need MORE Volunteers For The Upcoming Miss GEICO Triple Crown Offshore Race in NJ! >

We need MORE Volunteers For The Upcoming Miss GEICO Triple Crown Offshore Race in NJ!

Notices

We need MORE Volunteers For The Upcoming Miss GEICO Triple Crown Offshore Race in NJ!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We need MORE Volunteers For The Upcoming Miss GEICO Triple Crown Offshore Race in NJ!

Hello Race Fans;

NJ Offshore is once again looking for volunteers who are able to bring their personal boats out onto the race course during race day. Our optimal goal is to have 30 to 40 boats stationed around the course during the race for safety reasons. NJ has been known as a very safe race due to the quick response time that we are able to demonstrate when an accident occurs. Any boat that is 18ft or larger can participate as a water volunteer. Actually, the bigger the better. Water volunteers fall into several different categories:

Turn Boats - The largest and tallest of the volunteer boats that mark the turns.
VIP Boats - VIP Boats are generally sport cruisers that carry VIPs and members of the Press.
Medical Boats - Usually 30ft fast boats that carry paramedics.
Dive Boats - Fast utility boats that carry SCUBA divers.
Sweep Boats - Boats from 24 to 45 ft used to keep the course clear and safe.
Marker Boats - Usually large boats that mark the spectator area.

Click Here To Volunteer:
http://fs7.formsite.com/njppc/form857548609/index.html

We also need Scorers & Land Volunteers!!

By being a water volunteer, you are GUARANTEED a FRONT ROW SEAT to the offshore racing action! This race is the final race of the Miss GEICO Triple Crown and $200,000 of Purse Money is on the line! Over 50 boats are expected to attend!

As a thank you for your time and efforts, boat volunteers will receive:
2 Race T-Shirts Provided By NJOPRA
2 Invites To Private Racer's Party Sept. 6th 7pm-9pm with Open Bar & Full Buffet (Beer & Wine)
The following people have already volunteered:

If you are interested in volunteering, please click the following link and provide us with your contact information.

Click Here To Volunteer:
http://fs7.formsite.com/njppc/form857548609/index.html

Race Date: Sunday September 7th, 2008

Thanks for your continued support and am looking forward to seeing you at the race.

Sincerely,
Angelo Juliano Dave Patnaude Ray Patnaude
Water Operations
New Jersey Offshore Powerboat Racing Association
Old 07-29-2008, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave I responded to the email last night let me know if there is anything else you need me to do
Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Anytime,
Old 07-29-2008, 10:23 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know I'm here Dave
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

What kind of duties are expected from the land volunteers? I have a open weekend for that date, I was at the Ocean City race as well but did not know of the volunteering. Whats the scoop? thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

I'm in........
Old 07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dave, Thanks to you and our club for helping out OPA and The Jersey Boyz for the Point Pleasant Race. Should be a great event and is the last leg of The Miss Geico Triple Crown Offshore Race. Big Boat Race, Lotta People Gonna Be There! This is for the big bucks so everyone is gonna leave it all in Jersey! Be part of it, come enjoy a weekend of Family Fun. Thank You, Augie VP OPA and The Jersey Boyz
Old 07-29-2008, 05:50 PM

Dave, I will volunteer to be Reese's bodyguard for the weekend
Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by zimm1978
What kind of duties are expected from the land volunteers? I have a open weekend for that date, I was at the Ocean City race as well but did not know of the volunteering. Whats the scoop? thanks

Bring the 2 hot chicks in your avatar and you can be on my boat!

On a more serious note......land volunteer duties can include:

Dockmaster at the Winner's Circle (Warfside Restaurant)
Helping run the Friday Night Parade through town
Helping run the wet and dry pits

There are more jobs as well as we get closer to race week. I hope you decide to join us and have some fun!

Anyone interested in joining us, please fillout the online information form so we have all of your contact info!

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Dave, Thanks to you and our club for helping out OPA and The Jersey Boyz for the Point Pleasant Race. Should be a great event and is the last leg of The Miss Geico Triple Crown Offshore Race. Big Boat Race, Lotta People Gonna Be There! This is for the big bucks so everyone is gonna leave it all in Jersey! Be part of it, come enjoy a weekend of Family Fun. Thank You, Augie VP OPA and The Jersey Boyz
You just get in the boats and race - we'll handle the race course!

My dad and I are happy to be back!

Quick Reply: We need MORE Volunteers For The Upcoming Miss GEICO Triple Crown Offshore Race in NJ!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.