Notices

Lack of up keep

Old 08-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of up keep

Prior to owning a boat this summer, I had a pretty nice looking house with good landscaping. Now my lawn hasn't been mowed in weeks, the list I had to do such as painting and a dozen other things didn't even get close to being started. In fact it grew by another dozen! I didn't even consider this prior to the purchase. Now I gotta pay someone to cut the grass due to my desire to be on the water and my house still looks like ****!
Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Registered

Man I hear ya. I got *****ed at by my mother in-law because she drove by the house and seen the grass was not cut in almost 2 weeks, I tried to cover with some B.S. that I was letting the grass grow long because its the hottest/dryest month in MI and the tall grass keeps the ground moist. I think she bought it but. But now the wife is on my ass to do stuff to the house, then I just keep reminding her its going to be 90 and sunny this weekend and she quickly changes her mind.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Ive mowed my lawn litterally in the dark, thrashed out in the shop on my boat till well after midnight and stayed out working 12 and 14 hour days many many times so my weekends are free for boating......been doing it for years!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is the reason i'm selling the house and going into a condo
Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

It consumes you - don't worry about it one bit. Enjoy the summer and do your projects during the late fall/winter.

Last winter I put in my HVAC system, this winter I am replacing my windows, doors, bathrooms, and exterior trim (which is literally falling off). I just hope to have it all done by early spring so I can get back to doing some boat projects!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I live in a condo....don't have to deal with any of this.....more me time!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Registered

One reason we listed the house for sale is for the same situation.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

My house isn't quite the showplace it once was either! It doesn't help when your wife won't do anything either.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

I cut my grass last sat for the first time in 3 weeks.Chit was so high it would kill the mower every other pass

I try to cut the grass during the week just before sun set when it's only 90* instead of 200*
Old 08-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Gold Member

Default nothing matters

i hear ya.same problem here.grass not cut,dog holes in the yard,need gravel for the driveway blah,blah,blah.nothing matters except boating.,and of corse,making $$ to pay for gas.other than that,nothing else matters......its a boat thing.people that do not own a boat do not understand.we do though.

Quick Reply: Lack of up keep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.