Notices

Man of Steel 175mph Boat?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ckeagen
Barry Zuckleman is the person you are looking for. He keeps his boat in Pike Creek on the south shores of Lake St. Clair.

I've seen this boat on the water and let me tell you it's amazing. First of all Lake St. Clair is to small a lake, only about 22 miles wide, to allow him to get the boat up to full speed. It takes him about 3 minutes to cross the entire lake and when he has trimmed you can't even here him coming.

I don't know the make of the hull but I hear it has twin Sterling 1600hp jet engines that were designed to bring the boat to a whopping 225mph. Now of course that's by design, I talked to Barry yesterday and he told me the boat had been officially clocked at 202mph. For those of you wondering how much this or that costs for the boat, here's a little information for you. This thing only runs on jet fuel that has to be special ordered and delivered via refueling truck, and we thought we were being squeezed at 90cents a liter at the pumps.

By they way. I've seen pictures floating around on this forum. The cat with the image of Superman with a Z on his chest is Barry's old boat. The new one is a black and blue hull with the words "Man of Steel" down the side of her hull. If you're lucky enough to see her out on Lake St. Clair, consider yourself lucky, you have just likely seen the fastest boat on all of the Great Lakes.

Chris E.
Man of Steel may be fast, but I don't think he is the fastest boat on the Great Lakes. It would take about 12 minutes for AquaMania to run up through the 1000 Islands and be sitting in Lake Ontario.
As far as the JET Fuel goes, those turbines will burn just about anything, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, hell if you live in the swamp drop some Citronella in there and take care of the mosquitoes for your neighbours.....

Hopefully Man of Steel, AquaMania, and MyWay will all be in Kingston in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ckeagen
Barry Zuckleman is the person you are looking for. He keeps his boat in Pike Creek on the south shores of Lake St. Clair.

I've seen this boat on the water and let me tell you it's amazing. First of all Lake St. Clair is to small a lake, only about 22 miles wide, to allow him to get the boat up to full speed. It takes him about 3 minutes to cross the entire lake and when he has trimmed you can't even here him coming.

I don't know the make of the hull but I hear it has twin Sterling 1600hp jet engines that were designed to bring the boat to a whopping 225mph. Now of course that's by design, I talked to Barry yesterday and he told me the boat had been officially clocked at 202mph. For those of you wondering how much this or that costs for the boat, here's a little information for you. This thing only runs on jet fuel that has to be special ordered and delivered via refueling truck, and we thought we were being squeezed at 90cents a liter at the pumps.

By they way. I've seen pictures floating around on this forum. The cat with the image of Superman with a Z on his chest is Barry's old boat. The new one is a black and blue hull with the words "Man of Steel" down the side of her hull. If you're lucky enough to see her out on Lake St. Clair, consider yourself lucky, you have just likely seen the fastest boat on all of the Great Lakes.

Chris E.
The Sterlings were in his last boat, the Skater. They don't run on jet fuel, but they do run on race fuel that's likely over 115 octane. Lots of boats have to have race fuel delivered to their various locations by special order. We thought that was too much work, so now we have it at the pump on the gas dock.

His new boat is an Outerlimits cat, and has the turbine power.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Registered

flightclub

are you the owner who's been shot twice?

yeah, the skater is zuperman's old boat, now being refurbished at skater.

he's a billionaire and doesn't care about resale.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vtec
flightclub

are you the owner who's been shot twice?

yeah, the skater is zuperman's old boat, now being refurbished at skater.

he's a billionaire and doesn't care about resale.
NO. THATS MY PARTNER
Old 07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
it's ugly
gonna have to go ahead and agree with you on that one...

another one of the crayola jobs.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Banned

That boat is being redone right now at Skater, there was pictures up on it a couple weeks ago in some thread, its now blue and says 50ss on the side
Old 07-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The 50 Skater is up on Long Island now on the north shore
Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flight club
hope i see him on the lake. I'll give him a shot at the title. Lol

Now thats good stuff there!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned

His name is Barry Zekelman. The old boat has three at the helm and five on the rear bench. The new boat was rigged at Turbine Marine. I think the motors are the 1850hp Lycoming T53-703s;

http://www.turbinemarine.com/project_ZPM.html
Old 07-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flight club
NO. THATS MY PARTNER
Maybe you need a new partner? Third time might be it for him and you might be with him.

Quick Reply: Man of Steel 175mph Boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.