Notices

Man of Steel 175mph Boat?

Old 08-21-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup zupperman is in the steel bussiness.
i will tell you his name is Barry and yes he is loaded
Old 08-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I met him at a Poker Run on Lake Erie back when they had the F1-F2 races there. I think it was around 2001-2002?

Twisted Chix boat broke down and was towed in by a Black Thunder demo/factory boat if anyone remembers that year.

1st time I ever saw a water spout- thought WTF is that and hit the throttles all the way back to the dock.

Anyway- he had Zuperman as well as a huge Sunseeker there. Drive issues before the run- backed the Z boat up to the Sunseeker, lowered the swim platform and fixed it before the run. Coolest thing I had ever seen at the time.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I think all the great ones have a last name starting with a Z. He will need to sell it me someday at a discount. LOL

I'd guess you are about the only market for it as it is. Can't be too many guys with a Z in the name running big fast cats.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too had seen it at TNT. Incredible piece of nautical hardware, certainly a showpiece.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I think all the great ones have a last name starting with a Z. He will need to sell it me someday at a discount. LOL

Brad, you would not want that boat, there is nothing to sawzaw.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

it's ugly
Old 08-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered

Heres a article on the big "Man of Steel"!
http://www.wavelife.com/Article/Arti...stylish-homes/
Old 08-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Registered

I have seen the Big Man Of Steel parked a few times at the docks in the Atlantis hotel at Paradise Island, Bahamas. Amazing boat, had to have a crew of at least 10. I think I have a picture , let me look.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Default Barry Zuckleman is the guys name.

Barry Zuckleman is the person you are looking for. He keeps his boat in Pike Creek on the south shores of Lake St. Clair.

I've seen this boat on the water and let me tell you it's amazing. First of all Lake St. Clair is to small a lake, only about 22 miles wide, to allow him to get the boat up to full speed. It takes him about 3 minutes to cross the entire lake and when he has trimmed you can't even here him coming.

I don't know the make of the hull but I hear it has twin Sterling 1600hp jet engines that were designed to bring the boat to a whopping 225mph. Now of course that's by design, I talked to Barry yesterday and he told me the boat had been officially clocked at 202mph. For those of you wondering how much this or that costs for the boat, here's a little information for you. This thing only runs on jet fuel that has to be special ordered and delivered via refueling truck, and we thought we were being squeezed at 90cents a liter at the pumps.

By they way. I've seen pictures floating around on this forum. The cat with the image of Superman with a Z on his chest is Barry's old boat. The new one is a black and blue hull with the words "Man of Steel" down the side of her hull. If you're lucky enough to see her out on Lake St. Clair, consider yourself lucky, you have just likely seen the fastest boat on all of the Great Lakes.

Chris E.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

hope i see him on the lake. I'll give him a shot at the title. Lol

Quick Reply: Man of Steel 175mph Boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.