Notices

Man of Steel 175mph Boat?

Old 08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DforDUMMY
WOW. Many misinformed people willing to argue. Tracy is very good at what he does for the Ellstrom family and probably his other customers at Whispering, however he has nothing to do with the Miss GIECO Racing team to date. Mr. John Arruda, you are changing the world.

I will try to post some pictures of Barry's new Outer Limits, if the weather is nice this weekend.

Blog: http://dfordummy.tumblr.com
One has T53,s one has T55,s
Totally different animals.

Make no mistake the Bratvolds are at the top of there
class.

Sometimes my well informed friend things change without notice
Old 08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
WRONG ON GEICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY SWITCHED TO WHISPERING TURBINES. they're the ones that do miss elam unlimited hydro and most of the others and also did the miss bud unlimited.

Dave, your perception of what you saw is... Well, if your so concerned, call Tracy and ask what capacity they (Adam) are serving the MGR team. Then ask Haggin and get it from the horse's mouth (no pun intended).

Miss Budweiser? Uhmm, you might want to read up on a little shop (again, no pun intended) know as Hydroplanes, Inc.

Some links for your pleasure:

http://thunderboats.smugmug.com/gall...2_nsTSN#P-1-15

http://www.unlimitednewsjournal.com/Bud.htm

For those who are left scratching their arse about the pun:
Hydroplanes, Inc. is formerly owned by Bernie Little (RIP), now run my his son, Joe Little = Little shop, get it?
As for the Haggin - Horse pun, that's for the history of horse breeding.

Alright, enough with the nonsense, wasn't this thread about the Man of Steel?
http://www.yachtingmagazine.com/arti...ews/Heesen-164

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/bo...eel/index.aspx

More MGR pun ---> = Big Smile!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for continuing the thread hijack, but let me see if I've got this straight;

1) The decision was made to send the T55s to WT because of their experience with that turbine.

BUT

2) Turbine Marine still has an ongoing relationship with MGR because of their experience with the T53s.

Is that the situation?
Old 08-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Sorry for continuing the thread hijack, but let me see if I've got this straight;

1) The decision was made to send the T55s to WT because of their experience with that turbine.

BUT

2) Turbine Marine still has an ongoing relationship with MGR because of their experience with the T53s.

Is that the situation?
well dummy your wrong. the t-53's that are in the mystic are the same ones from last year. they were rebuilt by arude-a and then they got pulled agian and went to Whispering for "inspecting". whispering is also re-building Geico's T-55's.

this was not a perception but actual facts. my only concern here is that it seems either arudea is telling people his still doing Geico's work which is incorrect or that people appearently cant read and comprehend the english language? also that Geico has put togehter its own inhouse maintenance and rigging crew and that those guys along with tracy's help are the one's currently doing the work. and knowing what they actually had to get both of those boats up and race ready for this year, well lets just say that they completed 2 race boats and we've yet to see that other guy get his turbine back in the water.
the t-55's are still being developed last i heard

just wanna see credit given to the right people
Old 08-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Registered

dummy, i saw with my own 2 eyes the motors get pulled and shipped off to whispering. second adam B. is currently crewing with them. i won't go into the BS that Geico kicked any one to the curb, if any thing its the other way around. since the beginning of the year they were using Whispering as a consultant and inspections. and then they decided its in their best interest switch all there re-builds to tracy.

arude-a has had nothing to do with them for this whole year. agian its been posted here on several threads.

i've always viewed actions are louder than words, so .... i'll let you make your own conclusions.

http://www.whisperingturbines.com/

scroll down to the bottom

This is all correct.

Not quite sure if you can say that I was kicked to the curb.
But it was both MGR and I that made the very wise decision to go our separate ways.
I am now with team Aqua-Mania. I enjoy racing with that team and find every one to be quite enjoyable to be around.
Its a mater fact i enjoy those guys so much that I decided to be there engine sponsor.

With regards to T 55's. I personal own a boat with 55's and I am currently building a boat with T 55's. So they are no stranger to me.
But my love is the T-53.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Registered

well dummy your wrong. the t-53's that are in the mystic are the same ones from last year. they were rebuilt by arude-a and then they got pulled agian and went to Whispering for "inspecting". whispering is also re-building Geico's T-55's.

this was not a perception but actual facts. my only concern here is that it seems either arudea is telling people his still doing Geico's work which is incorrect or that people appearently cant read and comprehend the english language? also that Geico has put togehter its own inhouse maintenance and rigging crew and that those guys along with tracy's help are the one's currently doing the work. and knowing what they actually had to get both of those boats up and race ready for this year, well lets just say that they completed 2 race boats and we've yet to see that other guy get his turbine back in the water.

Please show me one thread or conversation with me telling any one that I still do Geico's work in 2009.
Please one ?????
And by the way. I was the one that pulled the 55's out of the Mystic and sent them to Whispering. This was done when Turbine Marine re-rigging the boat for T-53's.
But I am sure you knew that as well.

Last edited by J Arruda; 08-29-2009 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:55 AM
Registered

Make sure no one hands Herb a rag to wipe his hands after fogging the Cintron engines with transmission fluid or hands Joey a screwdriver when he is inside the Reliable.... SOMEBODY might want to STOMP on this thread to give credit where it's due.

"lets just say that they completed 2 race boats and we've yet to see that other guy get his turbine back in the water." WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS???? Are you talking about JBS Racing's hull delaminating and not being back in the water?

If you are trying to suggest that MGR's World Champion 44' MTI or 50' Mystic were both rigged by Whispering, that's just fakked up....

John at Turbine Marine, Inc. is they best at what he does. NO ONE has more experience at rigging cats in the turbine extreme class, or poker run or pleasure turbines.

Who cares about who dropped in different engines and swapped fuel lines or what you saw with your own eyes or who reads and comprehends the English language.

When someone else rigs from scratch or builds from scratch and beats a Turbine Marine, Inc. boat then it's time to give some credit. Until then, quite down please.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well dummy your wrong. skaterdave

You know what pal you need to back off the name calling. I was just trying to make sense of what everyone was obtusely saying. And you're not being cute by playing with John's name either.

Thanks John for clearing up my confusion. I haven't been as close to racing as I would have liked to be the last several years so I've lost touch with all the goings-on.

I just went on your site. Are you going to post pics of your personal T55 project? What boat is it?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
well dummy your wrong. skaterdave

You know what pal you need to back off the name calling. I was just trying to make sense of what everyone was obtusely saying. And you're not being cute by playing with John's name either.

Thanks John for clearing up my confusion. I haven't been as close to racing as I would have liked to be the last several years so I've lost touch with all the goings-on.

I just went on your site. Are you going to post pics of your personal T55 project? What boat is it?

My personal boat, is the re-rigged Bud Turbine boat that I have benn playing around with.

The new T-55 boat project is the NEW JetSet for Mike fusco.

I am working closely with Mr. Fusco and Peter at Skater.
It will be nothing like you have ever seen before from Skater.
Totaly new design.
The hull is based of the awsome 46'. Twin T-55 will be the power choice, and Rick at Arneson is building special ASD 11 drives for the project.
The drive line is being build to hold 4000Hp per side, that is all I can say.
I will have some photos out as soon as we feel it the right time to show it off.

Thanks for the interest.
I am sorry but, I have benn slacking on the web site updates.
I need to get all my photos over to my web guy, but I have just not had the time.
You may also find it interesting that we are in the process of building 5 new boats right now.
They also include the new 6 man open top and fully closed Mystic 50' 6 seaters. And the new 50' Statement Cat.
I will keep you updated.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 AM
Registered

Anyone know of a ballpark of how much this beast is? People keep on asking me and I dont have an awnser for them.

Quick Reply: Man of Steel 175mph Boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.