Notices

Oso Steve

Old 08-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it's just like perf boats then.... just because you can afford to buy it doesn't mean that you have the skills to run it.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
WOW, thats some list. Are they going for a monopoly?
If so... there is a Black Thunder in California with just the right IB paint job.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:58 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fund razor
I believe that. But I also feel like they do not have quite the same authority that they once did. Perhaps I am wrong. I do appreciate what those two do.

I sensed a decrease in locks, time outs, etc. I did notice that Speedy locked a thread that had deteriorated pretty badly a few days ago.
I actually have more power now than before.... I just don't have that happy feeling to be on the site 24 hours a day due to the bashing I get for moving thread, closing thread or just plain moderating.... I rely on report-to-mods and PM since I don't physically have the time read everything....

IB stands on the sidelines and watches, they don't want to moderate unless it's a legal issue, they want the site to be as it was when Steve had it - if they can just get the technical issues resolved...

I'm going back to my corner and hide and watch the Heather bashing begin....
Old 08-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
I actually have more power now than before.... I just don't have that happy feeling to be on the site 24 hours a day due to the bashing I get for moving thread, closing thread or just plain moderating.... I rely on report-to-mods and PM since I don't physically have the time read everything....

IB stands on the sidelines and watches, they don't want to moderate unless it's a legal issue, they want the site to be as it was when Steve had it - if they can just get the technical issues resolved...

Good to know. I had heard the opposite, but that was early in the transition. I actually prefer the moving of threads, the closing of threads and the moderating.
In the years that I have been here.... things go better with moderation.

So... thanks.
And if the Heather bashing starts.... lock that thread!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so heather is the head punk.....

i think what we really just need is a mommy loves me hug and for someone to tell us everything will be ok...

it just feels like we are talking to ourselves with no resolve...

if heather is the big boss lady, she needs to come out and tell us and be on top of the *****ing... if they need someone to control the animals, im available and im cheap....

just ask masher.....
Old 08-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-21-2008, 03:58 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh yeah.... and having more power DOES NOT mean I get paid from IB, I do this for you all if that means anything
Old 08-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah.... and having more power DOES NOT mean I get paid from IB, I do this for you all if that means anything
it means a lot.......
Old 08-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

OSO Steve asked me to say "HI" to the little people.

So, NORT, OSO STEVE said "HI".
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

What I don't get is I have an idea of what IB paid for a few sites as I know a few people, and the business site I'm on they bought we have a range of what they bought in considering what the owner did afterwards partying/having fun lol. And can't for the life of me think how they could recoop that cost back as none had ad revenue close to what some of the sites went for. Maybe I'm missing something?

And yeh, especially the biz site, ever since they took over, over a year ago, the site still glitches and acts screwey, better now but it was horrible for like the 1st 8 months.

Quick Reply: Oso Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.