Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Oso Steve (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/193610-oso-steve.html)

boatme 08-21-2008 07:07 AM

Oso Steve

Is Steve still around ???

has anyone talked to him ???

I am wondering what he thinks of the current mess with IB or if he is off to other ventures

Is he still boating or has this job ruined the fun for him

Inquiring minds want to know

Indy 08-21-2008 07:13 AM

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

Chris Sunkin 08-21-2008 07:25 AM

If he is, he's either not involving himself in board problems/member happiness issues or they're shining him on.

Sydwayz 08-21-2008 07:39 AM

OSO Steve is now Retired Steve; and damn good for him. :D

Marginmn 08-21-2008 11:20 AM

OSO Steve bought at the right time, built the business up, and then sold at just the right time - he's the Mark Cuban of the Offshore community.

I've never understood why others would slam him for doing something so quintessential American.

Hope you are enjoying the benefits of your hard work Steve.

Jupiter Sunsation 08-21-2008 11:40 AM

Steve is sailing around the world on a 60 footer with a solar electrical system and 3 hot women to help run the boat. He took his lump sum IB money and shorted Fountain/ Brunswick stock and went long on oil last year.

Rumor is he turned millions into billions and left the country so Dollabill and Cashbar couldn't find him! :party-smiley-004:

wrinkleface 08-21-2008 11:44 AM

Right place, right time, Good 4 him! Party on Steve!!:ernaehrung004:

Chris Sunkin 08-21-2008 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by mccaffertee (Post 2659688)
I think it takes a lot to switch over - why not give them some time to make everything work before coming down on them? These transitions can take months, to maintain all the data thats logged on here, it's not a simple cut and paste thing.

I say go easy on them!

Not quite.

OSO worked very well until their server migration. They could have left it on the old one and when it didn't work right, they could have immediately switched back and then gone on to solve their problems.

They're not creating any new technology. In fact, they're running a piece of canned bulletin board software. And, ironically, they own the company that created this software, vBulletin. Even more ironic, virtually all of their thousands of customers who run this package are able to enjoy sites that load promptly.

So, what does that say about IB?

Lastly, if this were Ebay or Amazon or Dell, these slow page loads would have been fixed in mere moments. Stuff like this is kryptonite to customers and a couple months of diddling around with server issues would put any of those companes into bankruptcy.

Sorry to be harsh, but I led the "let's be reasonable" charge when the big cry went out to abandon OSO over their bungled buyout. And they f.ucked each and every one of us as a result. They've not done one single thing but make this site less of what it was. They don't even bother to extend any of us the courtesy of keeping us informed or answering our questions.

They don't treat me as a friend, they don't even treat me as a customer. I'm done defending them.

Indy 08-21-2008 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2659736)
They don't even bother to extend any of us the courtesy of keeping us informed or answering our questions.

They don't treat me as a friend, they don't even treat me as a customer. I'm done defending them.

They're a big corporation...they don't give one sh!t about you, me, or any other member. Once the $$ start going away then they'll pretend to care. They won't be getting any $$ from me when the time comes. Nobody has our back anymore, it sucks. Oh...don't be looking for anymore OSO parties at the Miami Boat Show either :rolleyes: