If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    Traverse City MI

NADA Boat values

After looking at a few boats, and checking their values through NADA, I have a question as far as how they work. I understand NADA is just intended to be a guide, but some swear by the numbers they post. So, my question is, say you have 2 boats, same make,model and year with all the same options and condition. Boat A has 600 hours on a 502, but boat B has a brand new 502. According to NADA the boat average retail would be the same for both boats. How do you vary the values based on engines hours/new engines? Or is there a place to input that info that I over looked? Just wondering how you guys place value on engine hours and use?

Good question. F.Y.I. NADA is a loose guideline in a good market. I priced a few boats and cars out on it for fun last week and started laughing so hard I almost pissed myself. If my boat was worth even close to what they said it was I would be extremely happy.

Post all the info and I will get you an ABOS value....that is what most of the boat dealers go with

Registered VIP Member
    My Boats:
    Boca Raton, FL
    For survey valuations I use NADA to get me in the ball park. Then I compare that to what comparable boats sold for in the last 6 months. Then I factor in the boat on its own merits.

I also cross check my numbers by depreciating what a new boat would cost with the same equipment.

Sometimes I take a consensus number from BUC, ABOS and the Powerboat Guide along with NADA to get me in the general area.

VIP Member VIP Member Back4More's Avatar
    My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    Lake Michigan
    LMAO...Total Price $47,800 - $54,055

My Boats:
    99 27 Kryptonite
    Brick, NJ
    nada trade value less 20% in 2days market...only adds i've ever used as a guide were engine options, trailer, and big dollar far as the boat with the 600 hrs id deduct an additional 2500 from that value
    just my .02

My Boats:
    05 Sunsation 288 w/525efi
    Carrollton, TX
    NADA doesn't have a clue, especially on semi-custom and full custom boats. Use ABOS for a real idea on what it's worth.

------Buyers swear by NADA. Sellers swear at NADA...............Bill S