Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating in Jacksonville, FL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19378-boating-jacksonville-fl.html)

CFD5 03-04-2002 02:54 PM

Boating in Jacksonville, FL

My wife and I are heading down to Jacksonville with the boat around the 2nd of April, to see her brother. I have never been there and her brother has not been on the water down there yet. Can anyone give me some info on boating there, what should I look for, good place to lauch, good / bad places to boat. Also, if anyone will be down there maybe we can hook up show us the best spots (on the water).

Shorgasm 03-04-2002 03:02 PM

See if ya can get down to the St John's.......I'll let ya try and catch the bayliner in the river.......if you can.....:p

Remember now.......those idle zones aren't that far apart.....Don't worry we won't worry about the 30 MPH zones either........then I'll let ya whip my ass across the lake.....then ya can go to the Glen with us.........Terry;)

skatermike24 03-04-2002 03:09 PM

Just ask anyone where there is a ramp on the Saint Johns River, head South , or the weekend of the 6th and 7th there is the St. Cloud Race in East Lake Toho, which is about 2-1/2 hours south of Jacksonville.:cool:

birdog 03-04-2002 03:10 PM

Hey Shorgasm; Whats the place on the river where the new bridge is being built? My cousin tells me that used to be THE place to cruise! If I do get down there this winter with boat you guys are gonna have to show me the "Sites"

Shorgasm 03-04-2002 03:22 PM

Only bridge I know of that's being built is the I-4 bridge right at the entrance of sanford.......Is that the one you're talking about?

I haven't gone over that way yet......I like the Intercoastal and the upper St Johns........out to the Glen........makes the little boats feel faster.......:D plus ya get to run some nice turns out there.........

Now the Ocean is different........Nice calm water in the Intercoastal and then ya look around the bend into the Inlet a.d HOly Chit........8 footers rollin in............No thanks I'll stay in the river thank you very much!!!!:cool:

I'm not chicken or anything...I just tell them the girls don't wanna get thrown around.....:rolleyes: or somehting like that.....;)

CFD12 03-04-2002 03:27 PM

:p :p :p :p

birdog 03-04-2002 03:33 PM

I kinda forgot how BIG Jax area is. [Cinci kinda small town ya know] This is actualy just below Ponta vedra. Something Fish House ? I always have to go there when im down....Stare at the water and sigh !:D

CFD5 03-04-2002 03:48 PM

Hey shor, I didn't know you were from down there. Her brother lives on Neptune Beach and said we will be boating in the St. Johns and intercoastal. Hopefully we can hook up and you can show us how fast that bayliner really is!! Oh yeah, I'll have to leave the wife and 3month old baby at the dock so we can hit those 8 footers you were talking about!:D
Skatermike24, I'll check to see if we can head down to the races, can you get there by water or is it just by land?

merlin540 03-04-2002 03:51 PM

you can only go if you put the hairdryer on if you know what i mean.hahahahahahahah:p

CFD5 03-04-2002 03:56 PM

I don't know what your talking about? Where you been merlin, kitchen pass? :D