Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   were can I here the Loto runs on the net live? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/193782-were-can-i-here-loto-runs-net-live.html)

Rebel_Heart 08-23-2008 10:14 PM

Is the radar set up accurately? The speeds are down from last year and racers say the gps readings are well in excess of radar. I've noticed all of the boats that ran before are down considerably.

Griff 08-23-2008 10:57 PM

I heard that on the radio broadcast as well. The faster boats are saying radar readings are 8-11mph slow compared to their gps speeds.

WeaponX 08-23-2008 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2661888)
I heard that on the radio broadcast as well. The faster boats are saying radar readings are 8-11mph slow compared to their gps speeds.

That's a FACT!!

10 mph off:mad:

Von Bongo 08-23-2008 11:47 PM

the wp made them move the finish at the last minute and they were not able to move the crane with the radar. they hope to get it moved tomorrow

fountain4play 08-24-2008 12:34 AM

Seems to be the same as always as far as Radar vs GPS...the GPS is reading higher numbers not sure what can be done about that it happened before and complained about...

then again it's not top speed on GPS which could have occurred anywhere on the one mile course, its the speed through the traps at the finish line where they take the radar readings which can be different...

The spectator turnout was very good but didn't see as many boats running this year...either way our group had a good time today...

Steve_H 08-24-2008 08:06 PM

just got home. someone, a skater i think cooked a motor right at the end of the course late in the afternoon. was probably going to be his last pass. lots of blue smoke. what a shame. :(

spectator turnout was great. number of boats running was down a little from last year but still a great show. Capt. Ron's did a great job.

WARPARTY36 08-24-2008 08:19 PM

Great turnout and a good time. We left the cats at the dock Saturday, rented a pontoon boat:drink: 20 E-Dockers on a pontoon:evilb: It was a memorable day to say the least:ernaehrung004:

Von Bongo 08-24-2008 11:18 PM

Radar got fixed sunday. There were 104 runs on saturday. Sunday it was pretty much non stop with the last boat running at 4:45. Spectator fleet was about 20% of saturday which is too bad, there were some great runs and a lot of competition sunday

x7734x 08-24-2008 11:46 PM

I listened all day today on the internet radio feed, and started planning my trip to get out there next year.

Griff 08-25-2008 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo (Post 2662605)
Radar got fixed sunday. There were 104 runs on saturday. Sunday it was pretty much non stop with the last boat running at 4:45. Spectator fleet was about 20% of saturday which is too bad, there were some great runs and a lot of competition sunday

You and teh KRMS guys did a great job on the broadcast. I listened on and off both Sat and Sun.