Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/193840-accident-ny-battle-bay-geico-triple-crown-race.html)

Airentrapment 08-26-2008 09:30 PM

God Speed guy's... Offshore machine & Outboard...

donmac 08-26-2008 09:34 PM

R.I.P. {Let us all pray it's a long time before this happens again! My thoughts are with the families.

Dejana4Life 08-26-2008 11:20 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of people from here tonight because there was a whole crew of guys in their race shirts (Miss Geico, and a few other names that I recognized) and I can't believe how many people came out to pay their respects. Everyones love is really getting our family through this...anyone check out the photo of my Uncle in front of the Twin Towers in the Black Aero Express? Nice shot.

The thing that really helps us is that our guys died doing what they loved. My uncle always had that passion for speed, Nascar and Speedboats, those were his things. Some people do drugs, some do adrenaline, and he was an adrenaline JUNKIE! And so was Kevin.

It was evident today how sorely these two will be missed. Thank you so much for all your prayers, well wishes, flowers, emails, etc...

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-27-2008 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life (Post 2665220)
The thing that really helps us is that our guys died doing what they loved.

and they were lovin' it !!!

They are now in good company with many racers we have lost in recent years...

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/im...37639971-3.jpg

Maximus 08-27-2008 08:23 AM

Scotty and I are deeply saddend by this weekends tragedy. Very difficult to take in ... one min your talking and shaking hands and the next min they are gone. Earlier in the day I brought ESPN over to meet Phil and the gang. They were so excited and passionate about their new boat /power and were looking forward to a fun day on the water. Like Louie said we all lost Sunday.

We will be flying a black "57" on our transom in memory Phil and Kevin in Point Pleasant.

Godspeed guys

The Wizard 08-27-2008 08:25 AM

it's so sad, like you said dejana4life... they died doing what they loved....

may they rest in peace

Condolences to the famlies.....:(

marylandmark 08-27-2008 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2665392)
We will be flying a black "57" on our transom in memory Phil and Kevin in Point Pleasant.

As always, the consummate sportsmen. You guys are a class act!

RIP

Dejana4Life 08-27-2008 09:07 AM

Scotty and I are deeply saddend by this weekends tragedy. Very difficult to take in ... one min your talking and shaking hands and the next min they are gone. Earlier in the day I brought ESPN over to meet Phil and the gang. They were so excited and passionate about their new boat /power and were looking forward to a fun day on the water. Like Louie said we all lost Sunday.

Godspeed guys

Love that

glassdave 08-27-2008 09:43 AM

Godspeed guys

Marc thats a great idea flying the 57 on the boat for Point Pleasant, I think a lot of teams will want to do the same. I have a vinyl plotter and i'd like to offer to cut all the 57's for the rest of the teams if you have not already done so. I will bring them with me and make sure Alan has them at registration. Thanks see you guys next week.

Dave

Panther 08-27-2008 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2665472)
Marc thats a great idea flying the 57 on the boat for Point Pleasant, I think a lot of teams will want to do the same. I have a vinyl plotter and i'd like to offer to cut all the 57's for the rest of the teams if you have not already done so. I will bring them with me and make sure Alan has them at registration. Thanks see you guys next week.

Dave

I'll offer to do the same, I'll be a sweep boat in Point Pleasant.