Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Accident at the the  NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race. >

Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Notices

Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life
The thing that really helps us is that our guys died doing what they loved.
and they were lovin' it !!!

They are now in good company with many racers we have lost in recent years...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Scotty and I are deeply saddend by this weekends tragedy. Very difficult to take in ... one min your talking and shaking hands and the next min they are gone. Earlier in the day I brought ESPN over to meet Phil and the gang. They were so excited and passionate about their new boat /power and were looking forward to a fun day on the water. Like Louie said we all lost Sunday.

We will be flying a black "57" on our transom in memory Phil and Kevin in Point Pleasant.

Godspeed guys
Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's so sad, like you said dejana4life... they died doing what they loved....

may they rest in peace

Condolences to the famlies.....
Old 08-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maximus
We will be flying a black "57" on our transom in memory Phil and Kevin in Point Pleasant.
As always, the consummate sportsmen. You guys are a class act!

RIP
Old 08-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scotty and I are deeply saddend by this weekends tragedy. Very difficult to take in ... one min your talking and shaking hands and the next min they are gone. Earlier in the day I brought ESPN over to meet Phil and the gang. They were so excited and passionate about their new boat /power and were looking forward to a fun day on the water. Like Louie said we all lost Sunday.

Godspeed guys
Love that
Old 08-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Godspeed guys

Marc thats a great idea flying the 57 on the boat for Point Pleasant, I think a lot of teams will want to do the same. I have a vinyl plotter and i'd like to offer to cut all the 57's for the rest of the teams if you have not already done so. I will bring them with me and make sure Alan has them at registration. Thanks see you guys next week.

Dave
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Marc thats a great idea flying the 57 on the boat for Point Pleasant, I think a lot of teams will want to do the same. I have a vinyl plotter and i'd like to offer to cut all the 57's for the rest of the teams if you have not already done so. I will bring them with me and make sure Alan has them at registration. Thanks see you guys next week.

Dave
I'll offer to do the same, I'll be a sweep boat in Point Pleasant.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life
I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of people from here tonight because there was a whole crew of guys in their race shirts (Miss Geico, and a few other names that I recognized) and I can't believe how many people came out to pay their respects. Everyones love is really getting our family through this...anyone check out the photo of my Uncle in front of the Twin Towers in the Black Aero Express? Nice shot.

The thing that really helps us is that our guys died doing what they loved. My uncle always had that passion for speed, Nascar and Speedboats, those were his things. Some people do drugs, some do adrenaline, and he was an adrenaline JUNKIE! And so was Kevin.

It was evident today how sorely these two will be missed. Thank you so much for all your prayers, well wishes, flowers, emails, etc...
I was at the wake representing the On The Chip team.What a turn out for respects.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave

Dave
I am a dive rescue boat for the point race.I would also like one
Old 08-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I was at the wake representing the On The Chip team.What a turn out for respects.
Right? I have never seen anything like that. You guys were right by the door when I was outside smoking...I was trying to read all the shirts but I obviously couldn't remember, I just remember the NEON Geico shirt. I saw a bunchya at Friday's after as well. <3 <3

Quick Reply: Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.