Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paging Doug aka Pure adrenaline! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19403-paging-doug-aka-pure-adrenaline.html)

Doug 03-05-2002 08:36 PM

Are you talking about Jack Keller with the red big block 69. That was a real bad ass. I think he was about 3 years older than me. Whats really wild is your in Virginia Beach and I made 3 trips there last year to see my daugther going to music school at the Navy base in Norfolk but she is in the Marines stationed in New Orleans now. I was going to take the boat down to Norfolk and do a poker run but I didn't get the new engines bugged out. Kind of glad because I went for a visit anyway and it rained most of the weekend. That must be Black Thunder country, thats mostly what I saw coming in for the run. Catch you later.

DONZIMAN2 03-05-2002 08:48 PM

Doug, Jack is my oldest cousin on my moms side. This is too wild. Our poker run is in August. The HRPA is hosting it for the ST JUDES charity. I cannot believe you know my cousin. My uncle Jack Keller (SR) was a painter for the GM assembly plant and watched Jacks car being built. It was his graduation present. His Brother Donnie had the Orange and White 69 SS Camaro. He also had a 56 Chevy Belair he drove a lot. The red one was an original COPO and Jack blew the 427 up and built the 396 to replace it with. You are right it was one bad ass ride. He is still painting/building custom autos down in Florida. Are you stamping doors or what is on the line? Doug, Did you get the e-mail I sent you? DMAN2

Doug 03-05-2002 10:06 PM

I was at the run in the spring that went out of Portsmith. Pretty rough sitting up on the top deck of the marina having a couple drinks with no boat. No I Haven't worked on the lines for a while, I used to trouble shoot the camaro quarter panel line. Now after the new dies are constructed I am in a tryout area that has to get good panels out of the dies. Most of the work we have been doing is the Hummer 2 work. Roof, front & rear doors and lots of inner panels. Yes I did get your e-mail and only 1 name sounded familior. ooop I know that is't spelled right. Back to work. Catch you later. Doug

DONZIMAN2 03-05-2002 10:18 PM

The last project my dad worked was the Oldsmobile Calais. He put a lot of effort into that one. I remember when I had my 57 Chevy he told me he worked on the dash on that one. They ran a lot of salvage. He was really into the Tool & Die work. I was always amazed at his knowledge of mechanical stuff. He really had a head for it. I have his old Kennedy box and a bunch of his tools. He was in the top 50 of seniority when he retired. If you ever get back down to this area you will not be watching from the dock. I will run you down by the piers and to a few of our points in the area. A normal day for us is over a 100 miles round trip. The Ches Bay is like a washing machine most of the time. It is a rush. Especially when you get some of the Big Ships moving with there tractor tugs. The Nuc Subs put out a pretty good wake also. Just let me know if you ever get back to the area. Did your daughter go to the Music school over at Little Creek Amphib Base? I have been stationed here for the most of my 27 Years in the Navy. Talk to you soon. DMAN2