Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season >

Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Notices

Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Old 08-30-2008, 08:55 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey its a classic dont ever lose sight of that no more will ever be built under the apache name or for that fact on 188th St by Bobby Saccenti so hoist your beer (or whatever you drink) and drink to the cause my friend for you have one of the few!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
I think I have ya'll beat.
The scary thing is, the boat was in GREAT shape when I bought it in '04. I just wanted to update "some stuff" and make it "my" boat. Well, I didn't know when to stop. Now I know exactly what I got and the boat looks like it was in a time warp - cause it looks like it rolled out of the 188th Street factory last week.
Close, but...

41 Apache- nice running boat. Decided to do a #6 upgrade. The boat right now is stripped bare- not a bolt or screw in it. No tanks, nothing. I have all the parts, now I need to begin reassembly.

35 Cig- another nice running boat... gone wrong. Decided to do new vinyl and some paint touchup and just use it while the Apache progressed. Presently sitting at Glassdave's shop, stripped bare. Paint is progressing, Konrad conversion. 2 brand new 454's replacing with 565's w/8-71's. Complete re-rig

Cig 24- bare hull- going to be mini-me version of the 35. In process of collecting the pieces

Spectra 19- another "just use it" boat. Stripped bare, working on prep for paint this weekend. New motor on my shop floor now. interior almost done. It should be wrapped up right about the time the lakes skim over with ice.

... and I can't keep from trolling Ebay and the classifieds for another one. You guys have hobbies, I have issues.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The worst thing that can happen, I think is to have to sell your boat. In 2005 I ordered a new Cigarette. Since, things have gone to hell. Had to sell. Real Bummer. Hope to buy next year, we will see. If I can figure out how I will post a pic. Sorry I don't know how to size.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Bill when you have a picture like this..... Give me a call.
Attached Thumbnails Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season-14-lots-rot-small-.jpg   Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season-48-old-stringer-small-.jpg   Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season-58-outside-stringers-small-.jpg  

Old 08-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep, I'm a member of this club.
Bought a running 24' Pantera a year ago this weekend, tore it apart as soon as I got it home, and then work schedule went to hell.

I need three things to all come together at the same time, and I'll get the boat done.

1. Time.
2. Energy.
3. $Money$.

I've been lacking in one of these at all times. I need all three.
I just got home from work a little while ago, and not feeling too bad.
I have two and a half days in front of me before I need to go back to work.
Just got a promotion and a bonus.
I think all three are lining up for me right now to go get something done.
Thanks.
This thread is giving me a kick in the azz to get to work.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by twin screws
The worst thing that can happen, I think is to have to sell your boat. In 2005 I ordered a new Cigarette. Since, things have gone to hell. Had to sell. Real Bummer. Hope to buy next year, we will see. If I can figure out how I will post a pic. Sorry I don't know how to size.
I feel your pain. I had a new o6 A.T. got one season and had to see it go due to things beyond my controll. Now I am working all over the country and am never home long enough to get a project started BUT!!!! I am looking and will find something to help make my life more difficult
Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't really care about the sinking of the money into the projects.

I hate thinking of all the money I ay for storage every month just to not get to work on the projects that are in those storage buildings.

If I combined the money for storage and the boats, and the parts, I could have bought a really, really nice one.

But i have really cool neighbors who all have projects, so we jsut turned it into a social club.

All Hail the Boat Project gods.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:40 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

All these post has made me feel better about my boat and the money I dumped into it!!!!!, I would like to thank everyone for sharing thier pain and loss. I am glad I am not the only one out there in this situation!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
All these post has made me feel better about my boat and the money I dumped into it!!!!!, I would like to thank everyone for sharing thier pain and loss. I am glad I am not the only one out there in this situation!!!!!!
You may not like this, but, It is not a situation, it is a CHOICE. You made it just like the rest of us.

I think that should be the opening of the meetings.

Start with Hello, My name is Jeff.

---- Hi Jeff

I make "questionable" choices regarding boat ownership.

---- Welcome to the meeting Jeff

You guys know the rest.

Last edited by jeff1000man; 08-30-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: changed bad to questionable
Old 08-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Registered

That is the correct term---- CHOICE If you are a hands on do it youself guy it is choice and I don't delieve there are bad ones because you learn so much from them eather way it goes. I have had more boats than I care to count and the only one that I can say I wish I never owened (not because it was bad) but that it was brand new and cost way to much and I could have done an older Gun for about the same money if not less. If someone handed me.........lets say 200Gs and said buy a boat I would probly get me an older non step Gun and do as much as I could on my own. That is the CHOICE I would make. Call me sick or dumb but I have had used and new I would rather have used my way or maybe I'm just OLD.

Quick Reply: Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.