Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thunderstruck,Jassman and Gustav (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194344-thunderstruck-jassman-gustav.html)

chuckbeecher 08-31-2008 10:34 AM

Thunderstruck,Jassman and Gustav

Hope all our Gulf Coast memebers are battened down
and headed for higher ground!!
and if you can.. keep us updated on events!
be safe ya'll

Top Ven 08-31-2008 11:06 AM

i was going to send a pm to Jassman

Strip Poker 388 08-31-2008 11:45 AM

I posted this on the other Gustav thread.

Last night I saw that most of the gas stations were out along the I 55 hwy jaskcon-Madison,I think the truck stops would have the largest supply.About 75 % of the cars on the I55 was from Louisiana.It looks like alot more people are leaving.

If anybody needs a place to stay we have room. Even if your passing thru,have problems,etc,Just PM me Ill give ya my cell.Where 5min from I-55 in Jackson,Ms,Its about 200m North of Biloxi.Hell we could even make it a Hurricane party:drink:

Besafe
Rob

H2Xmark 08-31-2008 12:17 PM

i'm staying put in beaumont tx, it looks like the most impact will be east of us. good luck everyone.
I do know they have rescue and FEMA in Beaumont at Ford park waiting to head into Louisiana after the storm

Bob280Silencer 08-31-2008 01:29 PM

I'm in MidCity New Orleans(City Park area)and I'm staying for this one.I'm on the "ridge" which is at sea level,so I'm pretty high considering every thing else around here.Not all of "those" people have left so I'd like to be around when the looting starts so I can be of assistance

JPD Motorsports 08-31-2008 02:08 PM

H2Xmark we have the Hoilday INN in Port Arthur, if you need anything look us up.

amarket1 08-31-2008 02:39 PM

I left at 1am this morn from Metairie(sub of New Orleans). Hey Rob I'am in Pearl,Ms at a La Qunita. How far is that from you? Have not slept since Friday night so finally got the baby settled and now I'am taking a quick nap. I will call you later.
Bob please be safe but it looks like it is weakning a bit so we may be ok. Hope that continues.

Good Luck to all
Sean

CAL MAN 08-31-2008 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by amarket1 (Post 2670354)
I left at 1am this morn from Metairie(sub of New Orleans). Hey Rob I'am in Pearl,Ms at a La Qunita. How far is that from you? Have not slept since Friday night so finally got the baby settled and now I'am taking a quick nap. I will call you later.
Bob please be safe but it looks like it is weakning a bit so we may be ok. Hope that continues.

Good Luck to all
Sean

pm me your # I will check your place and text you back if the cells dont work
Mark

amarket1 08-31-2008 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by CAL MAN (Post 2670408)
pm me your # I will check your place and text you back if the cells dont work
Mark

PM Sent. Thanks and yall be safe.

rmbuilder 08-31-2008 07:32 PM

I just spoke to Thunderstruck (Tom Gurley) and he and his family left lake Charles and are safely in Birmingham set to ride out the storm. Best wishes to all and be safe.

Bob