Notices

" The Ultimate Boat"

Old 03-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I heard the paint was around 180k. The whole boat is reputed to have cost 1.5m.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

outerlimits with a single blown torque V12 and a custom #6 with dual props. Pantera 35 with the same power. Skater 28 with twin whippled 377 scorpions. I guess to get the ultimate I would have to specify where it will be primarily used. I am going to put some more thought into this matter. .....Ironman
Old 03-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Registered

47 fountain lightning 2 1500 hp toy dennis no 6 drives
Old 03-07-2002, 12:57 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Nuke power would be cool, mega yacht cooler. If you have a 100 plus footer I think it comes stock with a harem. I was thinking more on the lines of lets say 55 ft max for now.
Howards boat is fast but only a Two seater and ? on rev. I think that howard only takes it out when it is flat that is how he keeps the salt out. filters like the helicopters use might stop the problem.
The #6 can not take the power of the torque V-12. The 1500 hp version will definitely scatter it.
The Sorcerer definitely gets the paint award. Is that a 40? I would hate to dock it, I would be using geese for fenders.
keep going.
pat W
Old 03-07-2002, 01:43 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Our #6 drive we do is a "real" dry-sump conversion, besides that it has the same rating because that is the only change to that drive.
The WSD surface drive we made is rated for 1000 hp.
the WMD marine drive is over the top, We will be testing it soon. When we are done we will release the details.
We are expecting to mass produce that drive and update WSD to its gimble and steering. The WMD is 2 drives in one. Warrantees are coming with production.
stay tuned.
pat W
Old 03-07-2002, 09:34 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Shifter-Somebody once said that it was a 34, but when I saw it it sure looked alot longer than that.
Old 03-07-2002, 09:42 AM
SunseekerNY

I actually did lose sleep over this one: My ultimate boat - A mid-size nuclear powered three-staterroom flybridge cruiser around 65 feet with transcontinental range equipped with a fighting chair and stern garage. In the stern garage I would place a high-performance, rough-water catamaran that transforms into a hovercraft for remote tropical island beach landings.

With a captain of course.

Old 03-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

The #6 mods to improve power handling could include a new lower case to house my new proprietary triple pinion and upright shaft assembly to couple to the twin counterroting prop design and a modified upper. Looks like I won't finish it tonight though he he he.. Ultimate Ultimate Wow it is a tough one to answer.........
Old 03-08-2002, 08:48 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Ironman,It sounds like you threw away the whole #6 like we do.
We are looking into some like what you are talking about.
Sunseeker it nice to see we can keep you up all nite. What about a sub? I was in Russia for a race and there was all kinds of things there like you are discribing.Now you got me thinking about mega yachts. I guess its my turn to stay up thinking.
What about sit down, stand up seating position, ac ,bimini, toilet, shower, propellers, head room, beds, gadjets, electronics, sterio to name a few other things to think about.
pat W
Old 03-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Shifter I checked out your homepage and you do have the resources to make a triple pinion dual counterrotating prop drive.......I am very impressed ...Oh shoot I do not have any patent rights to it. If you really wants to develop it can you please include me. better stop before I give up all my ideas and get back to the orig subject. The Ironman

Last edited by IRONMAN; 03-08-2002 at 09:48 PM.

Quick Reply: " The Ultimate Boat"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.