Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   " The Ultimate Boat" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19435-ultimate-boat.html)

Miller 03-08-2002 10:22 PM

200+ Feadship with diesel electric power. It wouldn't matter to me if it was built by de Vries or van Lent. I'd take either. As for a yacht tenders, a nice 32 Skater, a classic mahogany runabout and some kind of deep v like an Active Thunder, a Cigarette, Nor-Tech, Apache, Outerlimits or maybe just keep rotating them so as to experience all of the best boats.

shifter 03-10-2002 10:06 PM

After 823 people looking there have not ben that many suggestions.:confused:
We might be involved in making a run of 20 special boats. I have given some thoughts on our own to the customer but we are trying to cover all the bases to what will be the ultimate boat. What is wrong with the boats out there? What would make you want one?
I don't want to post what we think because it will change the outcome of the answers.
pat W:)

Miller 03-10-2002 10:22 PM

Email me if you want a more serious answer. I've got some detailed notes on my observations of boats over the years. I've provided some ideas to Active Thunder and others in the past. You can take my suggestions for what they are, free and you get what you pay for, but if you want some dtailed ideas, drop me an email.

pullmytrigger 03-10-2002 11:15 PM

All you people talking about these huge boats.......with CAPTAINS!!!!... eeeeeewwwwwwwww YUCK!!.......The best part of boating is being the captain!!!! And the idea of driving some humungos boat with absolutley no feel to the water is just like .....awful......Let me ask.....Do you have to throttle a 100ft boat?..........Go to the thread "The Race" and see if that gets you going. The only possible fun I could see with those big huge boats would be navigating......or playing with the bowthrusters..... snoring

shifter 03-11-2002 10:39 PM

Read the thread.
Some people went beyond the question as per the norm of this forum. I think it shows the depth of what people want. The people I know that have 100 plus footers are rarely at the helm. They are normally preoccupied with guests.
I have a feeling that most people would like to have someone else have all the headaches of having a boat and still enjoy the boat.
What we are asking is what would make the boat more user friendly. Boating doesn't have to be as bad as it is.
Suggestions please.
pat W

Miller 03-11-2002 10:52 PM

Shifter, I got your message and replied. Didn't dig out all my notes and wasn't really up to typing but would be happy to be helpful if possible.

IRONMAN 03-12-2002 09:43 AM

Some ideas on making a boat more user friendly.
1. Fabricate a High Performance durable single lever control, The unit would look similar to any of race style ones avalible now but with the extra long throw back to neutral and reverse and include a neutral lockout for functionality like a throttle only for racing operation.

2. Some type of convertible seating. Auto makers all have 6 way power this and that. A basic seating arrangement with a littile more flexability would be helpful.

3.Tilt hyd. helm There avalible but I don't think that they are standard on many boats.

4. Variable boost supercharging, computer controlled. Compensates for elevation and fuel quality changes automatically reducing the need to reprop.

shifter 03-13-2002 12:21 AM

Miller,
I got your message. I'll be in touch this weekend. The Rapter is in the running for sure. We are working on the rest of the package besides the boats. If we pick just one type of boat people will get offended. They are going to be called ..... I'll wait for that too.
Ironman thanks for the input. You should try to patent the first one it seems to be a good product. You have a year from the first one you sell. ;)
We appreciate your help.
pat W

Miller 03-13-2002 12:24 AM

Shifter, I look forward to speaking with you. Have a nice week.

Miller 03-16-2002 10:08 AM

Shifter, I'll be in and out all weekend. If I miss your call, feel free to leave a message with a number and time for me to call you back. I've dug up notes and observations for you.