Notices

Best New Boat Under $100k?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best New Boat Under $100k?

Powerboat Magazine did a nice job on the "First Performance Boat" story this month but I wanted to take it a step further. I have been looking around for the best new boat under $100k for a while. This is what I have found:

Sunsation 288 Performance: 70+ with 496 HO seem to me to be the #1 choice for me overall.

Baja 26 OL: The Pre Fountain boats were a bit too slow but it sounds like Reggie is vacuum bagging and laying them up a bit better and hitting the 70 mark.

Checkmate ZT 28: I don't know much about them except everyone that has owned a checkmate has always said they loved them and everyone else seems to look down upon them. I don't know how fast they are with 496 HO and I am not sure of the build quality (seems like a LOT of wood in them boats) I have heard they have the best Gel coats. Is that true and why?

Donzi 27 ZR: I really like these boats both in the style, personal comfort, and 70+ speed however my wife is not comfortable in the port seat and we would have to move it foreword for her to feel secure.

My wife and I really like RAddiction's 25 Active Thunder unfortunately they are no longer made and I am pretty sure a new 28 is well over $100k.

Okay so I am sure I missed some really good boats so I would like hear other opinions. In your opinion what is the best boat under $100,000?
Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

IMO there are too many good deals to consider buying new right now.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

A couple of questions to help.

Do you mind a sit down boat?

How much of a cabin do you need?

Will you be using more for cruising, rafting, or poker runs?

My 29 Kryptonite was great for performance but was a sit down with minimal cabin headroom. Similar boats would be Activator or Superboat.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
I completely agree! SAVE yourself alot of money and buy a nice, clean low hours used boat.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING

Point well taken and I am considering all options. However I would like to be as informed to all options available. Heck I am not even 100% ready to make a deal at the moment but it is fun researching and I when I am ready I want to know exactly what I want.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tom A.
A couple of questions to help.

Do you mind a sit down boat?

How much of a cabin do you need?

My 29 Kryptonite was great for performance but was a sit down with minimal cabin headroom. Similar boats would be Activator or Superboat.
I would like a cabin. the smallest cabin I would consider would be one like the 27 ZR which has not even enough room to sit up on the couch in side (my wife is 5'5" and she is pretty bent over as you can see in the pic.) I am not personally opposed to a sit down boat but I thin it would be to uncomfortable with my childeren on board.
Attached Thumbnails Best New Boat Under 0k?-jackson-marine-boat-show.-004-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-28-2008, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BAJA all the way, but I am bias

You can get into a 26 Outlaw right now new with 496HO or I have a 2007 w/ 525efi the 2007 will smoke any of the above mentioned and keep you below 100K

BTW the one pictured below is the 525efi boat

WILL
Attached Thumbnails Best New Boat Under 0k?-teresa26ol-001.jpg   Best New Boat Under 0k?-teresa26ol-003.jpg  
Old 08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Tom A.;2666937]

QUOTE]

YES
Old 08-28-2008, 10:48 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Will, What are the cruising and WOT #'s?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Baja's despite the negative press, are really nice boats. I've never been on one that I can say I didn't like. Their 30 Outlaw has a real nice setup compared to other so called 30's. However, I too read the HOT BOAT article and would have to go with the Sunsation. It will do all the things you want a boat to do with ease and IMO the best looking. The checkmate in that article looked real impressive too, especially for an O/B that would be a fun boat for a little lake.

That baja probably cruises around 32-35mph and WOT around 75-77mph. Just my guess, Will would know for sure.

Quick Reply: Best New Boat Under $100k?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.