1. It's an incentive to show up.
2. It leads to more honest communications.
3. It reduces complaints about low pay.
4. Employees tell management what they think, not what they want to hear.
5. It encourages car pooling.
6. Increase job satisfaction because if you have a bad job, you don't care.
7. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
8. It makes fellow employees look better.
9. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
10. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.
11. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
12. Employees work later since there's no longer a need to relax at the bar.
13. It makes everyone more open with their ideas.
14. Eliminates the need for employees to get drunk on their lunch break.
15. Employees no longer need coffee to sober up.
16. Sitting "Bare ass" on the copy machine will no longer be seen as gross."
I once asked this question in a staff meeting. Can we drink Odules at work. Its non alcoholic beer what the problem with that. My idea wasn't too well recieved. But there's always lunch.
Used to work at a place in Point Pleasant N.J. where it was ok to drink beer on company property during lunch.
The Boss would sit with you and polish off a six-pack in half an hour. Some guys would down a half pint of booze before work (at 7:00am!!) then finish the rest at lunch.
That was one dangerous place to be in. Saw too many guys lose fingers or get severely cut. I was glad to get out of there.
Also worked in a machine shop in Lakewood NJ. where we would go through two or three cases of beer on a Saturday night while on overtime. We would keep track of all bottles and caps so we could haul out the evidence when we went home. One guy got so screwed up that his entire nights production was scrap. We earned a reputation of being a bunch of drug addicts and drunks. We decided to cool-it and straighten up.
Last edited by Iggy; 03-05-2002 at 12:35 PM.
Alcohol, shmalcohol! I'm waiting (patiently) for weed to be legalized so I can buy a joint out of the vending machine at work. It sure would brighten up the work environment.
I'll go along with that!!
makes the girls in the office hot and their onions smaller
In England they serve beer in the cafateria at lunch and dinner and have it in the vending machines. All the drug company conference/lunches they serve wine. Their idea is will 1 beer or glass of wine make a difference.
Thanks and Yes. I live in McKinney and work in Allen (at 75 and Bethany)
We mostly go to the islands on Lake Texoma, but sometimes we can be found at party cove on Lake Lewisville.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine