Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailering Alert- Recall (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194599-trailering-alert-recall.html)

eliminatethis 09-04-2008 10:39 AM

had three break right of in my hand when checking tire pressure the tire store replaced all six with what they call hi pressure stems they look like a brass stem with a rubber base good for 90 psi plus

CigDaze 09-04-2008 11:06 AM

Yep, more Chinese junk! :mad:
Sadly, someone has to die first before someone steps up!

Viperfitness1 09-04-2008 11:15 AM

someone should tell the local trailer parks too...:evilb:

debcod2 09-04-2008 12:00 PM

Just had all 6 on my 2005 trailer replaced because of this.

Everyone of them looked like it was about 1 mile from falling off.

throttleup 09-04-2008 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2674105)
This happened to me the weekend before the 4th of july.:mad: Tire max fixed it for free.

Yes sir, my first one was at the Sarasota Race on the forth and the 2nd 3 days after returning from the race.

Julie

Beak Boater 09-04-2008 01:50 PM

We had two tires out of 6 on a triple axle trailer that had slow leaks. Had a tire go down towing back from Jax. Poker run last year. Lost air pressure and got hot. Put the spare on and it too was loosing air pressure checked it every hour till we got home. Found out it was the valve stems, and they were the high pressure ones with the brass stems. Had to replace all of them.

PARADOX 09-04-2008 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I need an attorney. !!!
Last year to KW run, on I-75.
NEW rear tire blew.
I'm totaly anal now about trailers and towing with the new boat and new trailer. (I always was, but 10 X more since)
I blamed the accident on faulty tires or road hazard, but always wondered about a rear tire blow out with road hazard, and brand new tire.
This valve thing makes sense.
Attachment 358915

Attachment 358916

wigginout 09-04-2008 03:51 PM

Had a friend with brand new Michelins on his truck and heard the recall on the radio. Within 2 days developed slow leaks on 2 tires. People are getting what they demanded and that's cheaper prices, and it all started with Walmart. Guess we should start using prisoners to do the mfg. so we can compete with China for what they pay their people. Damn commies.

Strip Poker 388 09-04-2008 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On My 2001 Myco I had problem with the factory valve stems,usually would find it when washing the rims/tires, it was usually a slow leak until I hit it with a rag you could hear it hiss then. I had the Goodyear wrangler Ats tires they started blowing out the beginning of last year.Then I replaced all the tires and valve stems.Could of been from being 6 years old?

Ive also had them crack the same way on my trucks dually aftermarket rims

Chris Sunkin 09-04-2008 04:16 PM

Cracking valve stems isn't something new or unusual. It's just with this batch it's happening quite a bit more. I was talking with my neighbor at lunch (He's a multi PhD polymer chemist for a rubber co. ) and he said alot of the Chinese stuff isn't compounded properly for UV and ozone protection.

The conversation then went about 80,000 feet over my head.