If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    My Boats:
    Sold the Cig
    Spring Lake, Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by 800XCR View Post
    Apparently then the justice system doesn't acknowledge waivers or SOTW had a poorly written version. It clearly did not stand up in court, who's responsibility is that?

The fact that your organization chose not to continue is the organization's decision, not the familiy's. They continue elsewhere all over this country - ALL knowing the results of this incident.

No I wasn't at any of the legal proceedings, am not an attorney, but based on the info you've presented, I assume the "system" did not consider it an accident and placed the liabiltiy accordingly. Do I think they should have been able to sue SOTW, NO. However, the bottom line is that SOTW did not protect itself adequately either or would have been dismissed from liability.
    No ,the problem is lawyers donít acknowledge waivers They donít care what the waiver said They saw insurance money and went after it They donít have to be right, they just want a settlement of money they think if they bully they will get some settlement even if the waiver is iron clad

Was there a settlement or was it decided by the court (judge)? If settled, why not go to trial?

I agree most ambulance chasing attorneys are the scum of the earth and have exploited the system far beyond intent.

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Guys this is going no place. I am going to close this thread. If anyone has any new info pertaining to this let us know and we can open it again but this has gotten ugly.
    Put your best foot forward!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678