Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Windhield, install or not? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194687-windhield-install-not.html)

Audiofn 09-06-2008 11:50 AM

I would make a metal trim that went around the bottom of the windshield. Then weld bolts to the bottom. These would go through the deck and you could bolt from underneath. Then if you wanted to remove them ever you could just put black carriage bolts in. Kind of a have it your way kind of deal.

PARADOX 09-06-2008 07:07 PM

Thanks Audio.. Good idea. I was thinking about how could I install them and remove them if I wanted to or had to.

Jdub.. I do not have flip up screen.. There is a "place" for it in the hull. An indentation where the flip ups could and should go. The problem wtih the flip ups.. is that they can actually flip up on high speeds unlles they are "fastened" down. To many holes in the deck, plus I think a true windshield looks better. I rather just have a "true" windshield if they look ok. I can shave them down to be a bit lower profile. Some like it... lol some don't. My GF and son wants them.. I'm not sure yet.

Xchoke03 09-06-2008 07:37 PM

Paradox could you please tell me where you could get those windsheilds you showed in your pics?? I would be greatly appreciative my friend !!!

p.s. I think it looks great !

FeverMike 09-06-2008 08:58 PM

I think the windshield look good but I also like the clean windshield-less look of your Active Thunder too.

PARADOX 09-06-2008 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Xchoke03 (Post 2676870)
Paradox could you please tell me where you could get those windsheilds you showed in your pics?? I would be greatly appreciative my friend !!!

I got them from Arcm co. Whole sale only but if you want some I can get them. Similar designs comes in blue, jellow, smoked and clear. There is a stamp on the side of the windshield, I'll get it Sunday. call me if you'r interested (561) 504-3635

Fever.. Thanks but it's not an AT.. It's an Avanti.. last one made. Aronow design.. somewhat modified. J.C. Simon deck. (Coyote.. Beep -Beep hull). Egg Harbor has the molds, and they are building CC's now. There are some similarities to AT's. (Don't tell that to Pat tho.. he'l never talk to me again) :)

PARADOX 09-08-2008 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Xchoke03 (Post 2676870)

Info in PM sent.

Thx.. P

Tom A. 09-08-2008 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Personally I like canopies in the right application. (My 38 Comp. is the perfect example!) However I feel the lines on your boat (more angular Cigarettesque) lend themselves more to the flip up kind of deflectors found on the older Top Guns. You could paint them to match and they would just blend right in.