WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder >

WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Notices

WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Old 09-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
I agree, There is a big difference between being able to buy a 100k+ boat outright vs. coming up with 1K to throw down towards a 1 in 100 chance of winning it. look at it this way. If you do win it you have 99k left to spend on fuel and rigging and insurance!
B I N G O ....thats exactly how we looked at it.

OR -------- Sell it and make money if you cant aford to own it.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Makes sense; sounds Great,....but I doubt that 100 tickets will be sold.......& I'm an optimist!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by spilman
Makes sense; sounds Great,....but I doubt that 100 tickets will be sold.......& I'm an optimist!

I think your 14-15 day time frame to sell the tickets is too short to sell 100 tickets at 1K each. You needed atleast 30 days notice or even better 60 days to promote it/ make sure all the checks clear.

Hope it works out for everyone involved. Boat looks great for being 10 years old.

There also will be tax implications for the winner. Expect to pay 28-35% of the 100K value in taxes in addtion to the sales tax/registration costs.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 09-06-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I think it's a Great Idea!

TSPM..good going. I hope it happens. I am seriously thinking of entering your raffle, as I know Active Thunder is one of the best brands available.

About affording the boat if you win:

Believe me, if you're really into high performance boating, you'll rise to the occasion. The cost of maintenance, storage, insurance, fuel; will STILL be less than buying the boat outright..for several years. Plus, you'll have an asset to sell or trade in the future.

If someone would have told me forty years ago that in 2008 I would have fathered and paid-for 4 children, been married 5 times and divorced 4, had a car collection bigger than I have places to store them...I would have laughed in their face.

My point is: "You rise to the occasion to do what it takes to make something you want actually happen".
Old 09-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I really shouldn't say this, because I know that this is gonna cause a chit-storm of a thread, but I'm gonna say it anyway. It's open discussion right, so let's discuss it.

Is the boat business so bad right now that we're resorting to selling inventory by a raffle??
I'm not saying anything bad about the boat/brand. Brian invited my wife and I to go through one in Miami back in Feb. and I was very impressed with the quality of the boat.

Is this a sign of the current market.
I think it very well may be.

Sorry, I don't mean this in any way to be a bash on AT, and I really don't mean to Hi-Jack.
For the record, I think it was already down the hi-jack road before I got here - it just raised further questions to me.
This "raffle" has nothing to do with Active Thunder, Pat, or myself. This is strictly between TSPM and the owner of the boat.

Active Thunder is doing fine; even in today's economy.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
This "raffle" has nothing to do with Active Thunder, Pat, or myself. This is strictly between TSPM and the owner of the boat.
This true the AT factory is not involved in any way in this.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
TSPM..good going. I hope it happens. I am seriously thinking of entering your raffle, as I know Active Thunder is one of the best brands available.

About affording the boat if you win:

Believe me, if you're really into high performance boating, you'll rise to the occasion. The cost of maintenance, storage, insurance, fuel; will STILL be less than buying the boat outright..for several years. Plus, you'll have an asset to sell or trade in the future.

If someone would have told me forty years ago that in 2008 I would have fathered and paid-for 4 children, been married 5 times and divorced 4, had a car collection bigger than I have places to store them...I would have laughed in their face.

My point is: "You rise to the occasion to do what it takes to make something you want actually happen".
YUP .... Thanks Ed
Old 09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I think your 14-15 day time frame to sell the tickets is too short to sell 100 tickets at 1K each. You needed atleast 30 days notice or even better 60 days to promote it/ make sure all the checks clear.

Hope it works out for everyone involved. Boat looks great for being 10 years old.

There also will be tax implications for the winner. Expect to pay 28-35% of the 100K value in taxes in addtion to the sales tax/registration costs.

Tax depends on the state ...... you pay sales tax on the value of the boat in the state it is registered in.

Depending on the response (which looks good so far) we might extend the time frame to 30 days....lets see what happens.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:38 PM

I think it's a cool idea. There is a big difference in affording upkeep on a $100,000 boat and purchasing it too. I don't believe most of the people that would buy the tickets are at the poverty level or they wouldn't have an extra grand laying around to gamble with.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Overactive507
True, but $1,000 is a lot less to come up with than $100,000, so why not give it a try?
If I was in the market for a used 37, I'd be all over this.

Good luck Mike.

Quick Reply: WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.