If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Registered VIP Member
    My Boats:
    2003 Sonic 31SS
    Elkhart, Indiana
    Sorry for you loss... met Kevin In chicago a few years back. Nice guy and will defeintly be missed. Take care of yourself...

My Boats:
    Sold the Cig
    Spring Lake, Michigan

My Boats:
    Ocean Express Cat 39
    Chicago, Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by craig s View Post
    hello , my name is craig stumpf. i was the passenger on the 36 skater know as pammy, with my long time friend kevin sellers. i want to thank you for your thoughts and prayers. he was a great friend and loved by many. he passed from a neck injury. im fine just beat up . thank you

I am glad that you are good. Thanks for the info. Kevin will be missed by many here in Chicago.

My Boats:
    2006 Fountain 42 EX
    Evergreen Park Il

5. #155 Platinum Member zitoracing's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Gonzales , LA
    Sad News RIP...

Houseboat location

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    I am not an accident reconstruction expert... but.... that houseboat had to be a contributing factor, as the boats rounded the corner,. saw the channel restriction, and set themselves up for the straight.. maybe Kevin saw this, moved over a wake to pass, and the incident took off from there.. the pic of that houseboat, in that position, is VERY unnerving to say the least..
    The houseboat in that pic is more than 2 miles from the accident scene! Likely a non factor.

My Boats:
    2007 36 Skater
    So tragic---Rest in peace Kevin----you will be missed---my heart goes out to his family and friends---BAB

instigator Platinum Member BUIZILLA's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1980 Donzi Criterion 22
    Miami, Fla
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-O View Post
    The houseboat in that pic is more than 2 miles from the accident scene! Likely a non factor.
    according to on-scene Marine Assist that's not true..

Platinum Member Platinum Member SeaRay Jim's Avatar
    My Boats:
    SeaRay 240 Sundeck - 540cid
    DFW, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    according to on-scene Marine Assist that's not true..

Quote Originally Posted by MarineAssist View Post
    At the start of the Poker Run, the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife, the US Coast Guard Auxiliary and myself were all working crowd conotrol from the entrance to Jamestown Harbor (the starting point), to the mouth of Wolf Creek.

In the picture you reference above, at that particular time, I was just in front of the rental houseboat you mention. I was desperately trying to get them to move over to the right more. They were renters... what more can I say.

The boat you see heading to pass them on the right side was a black, enclosed cockpit V bottom, possibly an Outer Limits. He passed between the rental houseboat and myself at over 100 MPH (estimated). The Skater in the accident was actually out on the other side, near the middle of the lake with good, clear open water.

After the houseboat was passed, they immediately got over, as I assume they were pretty shocked.

The accident happened about 1/2 mile or more past that area shown in the picture. The area where the wreck happened was actually a left turn in the lake, thus the damage to the starboard side of the Skater.

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    1987 Chris Craft 415 Stinger
    Indianapolis, IN

Ive known KEvin for over 25 years great guy will be missed .He knew the risks he always lived life on the edge ,his motor cross days his air planes and more .Once he drove one of my race cars at Winchester IN hell he wrecked it in hot laps he always had the drive to win and be the best. He knew he could make the turn his skills where good if he thought a spectater was a problem he would have slowed down. It was just his time. I was there for my first poker run and didnt know it was him till late yesterday , Will never forget him or that poker run. My condolences to His Mom and Dad and Family RIP KEVIN... Dan

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast