Accident at Cumberland Poker Run >

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Notices

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RIP in Kevin.
Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Got the call about Kevin passing away today about noon. I was getting ready to go to the harbor. Needless to say, after hearing about Kevin, I was kinda numb for a while, and running the boat did'nt seem all that important anymore.

Kevin was a first class guy all the way. This summer at our Chicago poker run, when he launched the boat on friday, he offered me a seat on it to do a shake down run with him. All I can say, is that he drove that boat very, very well, and I had confidence in his driving skills.
Everytime I've seen him, he greeted me with that big smiling face of his, and I'm sure gonna miss him, as I'm sure many other of the people that were close to him are as well.
R.I.P. Kevin

Kevin did run his boat well. We ran around with him for a long time in Chicago this year after the first card stop was completed. Being a passenger with Frank in Freedom, I watched Kevin run most of the time next to us. I told him afterward he definitely had the oil temps up out there!

Obviously the loss of Kevin trumps this thought, but I'll really miss that boat too. Kevin, Dan, and really anyone ever associated with that boat were always fun people. Generally if Pam was present at a run, you knew there was some heavy hittin boats at that event. That was always one of the boats you had to "respect" not only for her paint, but the boat was really fast too. I wonder if Pamella Anderson ever actually saw the boat.

Rest in Peace Kevin, and thanks for all of the great memories you provided for all of us by having the hottest girl "on" your boat everytime!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered

Default Crash

I Want Everyone To Know Kevin Would Never Blame Anyone Else For What Happened This Weekend . He Is Not That Kind Of Person. I Would Like To See Any Video Footage Because I Dont Rember Everything So Well. So If Someone Has A Copy Could They Send It To Me . I Did See The Boat When I Got Out Of The Hospital, But Cant Tell Much Other Than The Crash Was A Bad One.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by craig s
I Want Everyone To Know Kevin Would Never Blame Anyone Else For What Happened This Weekend . He Is Not That Kind Of Person. I Would Like To See Any Video Footage Because I Dont Rember Everything So Well. So If Someone Has A Copy Could They Send It To Me . I Did See The Boat When I Got Out Of The Hospital, But Cant Tell Much Other Than The Crash Was A Bad One.
Good luck my friend at your recovery.

Another one of our brothers lost......

R.I.P
Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Hey Craig glad your doing better. I worked with Kevin for 20+ years through his machine shop. We both started around the same time. And I think you may have worked with my boy at Carter. Your right he wouldnt blame anybody he knew how to live life and had the resorces to do just that. If there is anything I can do to help out please let the family know they can call anytime they have my numbers thanks.. Dan /Countyline Machine
Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

God Bless!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by craig s
Craig, Matt H called me Saturday evening. I talked to Bob yesterday. Give me a call at the house. I'm pretty sure you have the number. Greg S
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 339 Likes on 118 Posts

Here's to a speedy recovery.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

RIP...... prayers go out to family and friends.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Very sad & tragic news. RIP to Kevin and God Bless to his family & friends.

Quick Reply: Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.