Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Accident at Cumberland Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194753-accident-cumberland-poker-run.html)

craig s 09-08-2008 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3 (Post 2678288)
Hey Craig glad your doing better. I worked with Kevin for 20+ years through his machine shop. We both started around the same time. And I think you may have worked with my boy at Carter. Your right he wouldnt blame anybody he knew how to live life and had the resorces to do just that. If there is anything I can do to help out please let the family know they can call anytime they have my numbers thanks.. Dan /Countyline Machine

YES I DID WORK WITH YOUR SON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. STAY IN TOUCH WITH BOB FOR FUNERAL ARGEMENTS.

craig s 09-08-2008 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by redcorvetteman3 (Post 2678288)
Hey Craig glad your doing better. I worked with Kevin for 20+ years through his machine shop. We both started around the same time. And I think you may have worked with my boy at Carter. Your right he wouldnt blame anybody he knew how to live life and had the resorces to do just that. If there is anything I can do to help out please let the family know they can call anytime they have my numbers thanks.. Dan /Countyline Machine

YES I DID WORK WITH YOUR SON. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS. STAY IN TOUCH WITH BOB FOR FUNERAL ARGEMENTS. I KNOW HE WOULD WANT YOU THERE.

craig s 09-08-2008 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by dionea (Post 2677584)
Craig, I cannot express how grateful I am that you were not seriously injured on Saturday. My heart goes out to you and Lori through this difficult time.

I am so saddened by Kevin's accident. He was a good friend to me for many years. I will miss our two hour phone conversations, I will miss his sense of humor, I will miss his kindness, I will miss his fearlessness, and mostly I will just miss him. I think the world became a much less interesting place yesterday. My deepest condolences to all who were fortunate enough to know and care about him.

Dione Amirkhan

HEY DIONE . THANK YOU. I KNOW WHAT YOUR FEELING . I CANT STOP GETTING UPSET JUST THINKING ABOUT OUR LOSS. I KNOW I WILL SEE YOU THIS WEEK . PLEASE CALL IF YOU NEED TO TALK

Dean Ferry 09-08-2008 02:07 PM

RIP to Kevin, and speedy recovery to you Craig. kinda at at loss for words, just very sad.
Dean and Family

FloridaDan 09-08-2008 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by bobonthis (Post 2678499)
:rolleyes:So every time I pass a slower boat on the water its now a race..They already explained what happened and he just caught a wake wrong..Read up before you post dumb stuff like this.

Big difference between going for the lead at 130 mph and as you say " passing a slower boat". Most well run "poker runs" have speed limits to keep accidents like this from happening. Thats what makes them a poker run and NOT a race. I've seen Stu at FPC kick speeders out and I'm glad he does, thats why I only attend well run events like his that put safety first and have no problems enforing the rules.

Try reading what was written before YOU post dumb stuff like that.

shw-n-go h20 09-08-2008 03:07 PM

We were also right there when it happened. very sad day for everyone on the lake..

R.I.P. Kevin

BrettDawg 09-08-2008 03:42 PM

Just got off the phone with Kevin's dad, Robert. He gave me info on donations:

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=17974

Chuck 09-08-2008 04:06 PM

Craig, I was the flag boat for our group on Saturday (the orange Nor-Tech), although I don't think we met I wish you the best for a speedy recovery and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. My thoughts also go out to Kevin's family. I was parked next to him in 2007 at the LC run and he seemed like the great adventurer that the people who knew him better have posted here. The story about his efforts to save lives at the SOTW tragedy a couple of years ago speak volumes as to the man he was.

As far as the speculators posting on this thread, please have a little respect for these two men and their friends and families. There will be a time and a place for discussion about future poker runs, but this should not be the time or the place. What happened has been posted in great detail by the officer at the scene, and I also spoke with people who have seen the film. There is no need for any further speculation!!!!

customryder 09-08-2008 04:22 PM

God Speed.. R.I.P.

RaceRPM 09-08-2008 04:56 PM

We were also there when it happened...

Craig,
Our prayers are with you in your recovery.

Rest In Peace Kevin.