Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Accident at Cumberland Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194753-accident-cumberland-poker-run.html)

orange26daytona 09-08-2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 2678645)
Craig, I was the flag boat for our group on Saturday (the orange Nor-Tech), although I don't think we met I wish you the best for a speedy recovery and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. My thoughts also go out to Kevin's family. I was parked next to him in 2007 at the LC run and he seemed like the great adventurer that the people who knew him better have posted here. The story about his efforts to save lives at the SOTW tragedy a couple of years ago speak volumes as to the man he was.

As far as the speculators posting on this thread, please have a little respect for these two men and their friends and families. There will be a time and a place for discussion about future poker runs, but this should not be the time or the place. What happened has been posted in great detail by the officer at the scene, and I also spoke with people who have seen the film. There is no need for any further speculation!!!!

EXACTLY! that shouldn't have been necessary....but it needed to be said

orange26daytona 09-08-2008 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by craig s (Post 2678256)
I Want Everyone To Know Kevin Would Never Blame Anyone Else For What Happened This Weekend . He Is Not That Kind Of Person. I Would Like To See Any Video Footage Because I Dont Rember Everything So Well. So If Someone Has A Copy Could They Send It To Me . I Did See The Boat When I Got Out Of The Hospital, But Cant Tell Much Other Than The Crash Was A Bad One.

Jeff at Schumakers has some pictures, they are a bit disturbing considering the outcome. Tank posted them here, Jeff has the full res version if you want to see them.

Get well soon

SchumakerPerformance 09-08-2008 05:51 PM

Here are the details

The funeral services for Kevin Sellers will be held at
Wilson St Pierre Funeral and Crematory, Stirling Gerber Chapel 5950 East Thompson Road Indianapolis, IN 46237. The showing will be on Wednesday from 4pm - 8pm and the funeral will be Thursday at 2pm

Any financial contributions should be sent to The Grace Doctrine Church 1821 South River Road St Charles, MO 63303

Thanks to all of you with the positive and complimentary comments. It is appreciated by both family and friends. Kevin was a great guy and will be missed greatly!!!

formula 382 sr-1 09-08-2008 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by SchumakerPerformance (Post 2678777)
Here are the details

The funeral services for Kevin Sellers will be held at
Wilson St Pierre Funeral and Crematory, Stirling Gerber Chapel 5950 East Thompson Road Indianapolis, IN 46237. The showing will be on Wednesday from 4pm - 8pm and the funeral will be Thursday at 2pm

Any financial contributions should be sent to The Grace Doctrine Church 1821 South River Road St Charles, MO 63303

Thanks to all of you with the positive and complimentary comments. It is appreciated by both family and friends. Kevin was a great guy and will be missed greatly!!!

Thank You for the Information .

Magic Medicine 09-08-2008 06:06 PM

RIP Kevin.

bigdanc 09-08-2008 07:01 PM

craig, glad to here your all right, i was docked next to kevins boat at the state dock, the gladiator with zuls, im so sorry for your loss, RIP kevin.

mroutlaw_ 09-08-2008 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by haulinvols (Post 2677271)
More than likely the impact pushed the drive up.

I just got home from Cumberland, my first time there. I got a chance to meet Kevin on the docks the prior evening and I am still in shock of the events from Saturday.

RIP Kevin, your powerboat family will miss you.

Matt
I too, had just met Kevin and talked briefly with him before the run.
He will sorely be missed by all.

Steve Zuckerman 09-08-2008 08:01 PM

To sad for words. I was there there this weekend. Did not see the crash.
Get well soon Craig. Godspeed and rest in peace Kevin.
Steve

bobonthis 09-08-2008 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by FloridaDan (Post 2678521)
Big difference between going for the lead at 130 mph and as you say " passing a slower boat". Most well run "poker runs" have speed limits to keep accidents like this from happening. Thats what makes them a poker run and NOT a race. I've seen Stu at FPC kick speeders out and I'm glad he does, thats why I only attend well run events like his that put safety first and have no problems enforing the rules.

Try reading what was written before YOU post dumb stuff like that.

This is my last word because I do think it is disrespectful. I am glad FPC has never had an accident, and thanks for telling everyone that our lake cumberland poker run is not well run and it is considered a race so that you can hopefully get it discontinued.:rolleyes:
~Craig my best wishes on a speedy recovery physically and mentally and again my prayers are with Kevin and all involved.~(signing off this thread)

Hauling Trash 09-08-2008 08:06 PM

Godspeed and rest in peace Kevin.

Mike