Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Accident at Cumberland Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/194753-accident-cumberland-poker-run.html)

craig s 09-11-2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by orange26daytona (Post 2683008)
Yes, we spoke briefly. My wife and I were there listening to war stories of boats, planes, and trucks while waiting in the line.:ernaehrung004:

THATS FUNNY! WELL BILL AND CATHY SAID THEY KNOW YOU AND I THINK WE WILL BE SPENDING ALOT OF TIME WITH THEM IN THE FUTURE. SO MAYBE WE WILL MEET AGAIN UNDER DIFF. CIRCUMSTANCES.

orange26daytona 09-12-2008 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by craig s (Post 2683026)
THATS FUNNY! WELL BILL AND CATHY SAID THEY KNOW YOU AND I THINK WE WILL BE SPENDING ALOT OF TIME WITH THEM IN THE FUTURE. SO MAYBE WE WILL MEET AGAIN UNDER DIFF. CIRCUMSTANCES.

We look forward to it! Take care

FREEDOM US1 09-12-2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by craig s (Post 2683001)
it is just this simple. we hit the wrong waive at the wrong time in the wrong way, we had a accident and i lost my best friend and the world lost a great guy. his funeral was today i ask you to remeber kevin flying across the lake in one favorite toys with a smile on his face and a roost a mile long ! REST IN PEACE KEVIN , I AND MANY OTHERS WILL MISS YOU , BUT NEVER FORGET YOU.

Glad your doing good Craig. R.I.P Kevin!!

10x 09-12-2008 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by craig s (Post 2683001)
it is just this simple. we hit the wrong waive at the wrong time in the wrong way, we had a accident and i lost my best friend and the world lost a great guy. his funeral was today i ask you to remeber kevin flying across the lake in one favorite toys with a smile on his face and a roost a mile long ! REST IN PEACE KEVIN , I AND MANY OTHERS WILL MISS YOU , BUT NEVER FORGET YOU.

Craig, that was very well said, and probably just the way Kevin would want you to tell us. I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. I have quite a few pics of Kevin in pammy up here in Chicago, from the last few years when he did our Chicago Poker run. If you'd like, I'll send them to you. Just get me your e-mail address, and their yours.
If you find the time, and would want to talk to me, here's my # 708-870-2572

Thanks...........Frank

Game On 09-12-2008 09:04 PM

Im a little late with my response and I never met Kevin, but we apparently crossed paths several times.
I came across these pictures today and hopefully they wont offend anyone, as I would want everyone to remember happier times. These are from SOTW 2006. My sincere condolences to friends and family.

MH

http://s449.photobucket.com/albums/q...meOn_013/SOTW/

liquid asset 09-13-2008 11:43 AM

R.I.P
all involved are in our prayers, May God be with you

Fountaindog 09-18-2008 11:33 PM

Craig, I never met you or Kevin before the 08 Cumberland Poker Run. Our paths did cross twice on Friday. We put our boats in the same time at Jamestown and tied up next to each other at the dock there. I was very impressed with "Pammy" and watched as you and Kevin got in and took off. We also rode the ferry over together on Friday evening to State Dock. I remember telling my friends, those are the guys with the 36 Skater. After reading all of the posts here, I felt a connection. Im sorry I never met the man, we have very similar philosophies. I applaud the man the man who takes life by the horns and truly LIVES, Not be content with the mediocrity of a safe existance. LIFE IS A TEST...YOUR FRIEND PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!!...Im glad to hear you are healing up.
P.S. If I had his Skater...Rest assured I would have been chasing that Nor-tech down as well....God Speed to all His Family and Friends!!

craig s 10-02-2008 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2683649)
Craig, that was very well said, and probably just the way Kevin would want you to tell us. I'm so glad to hear you're doing better. I have quite a few pics of Kevin in pammy up here in Chicago, from the last few years when he did our Chicago Poker run. If you'd like, I'll send them to you. Just get me your e-mail address, and their yours.
If you find the time, and would want to talk to me, here's my # 708-870-2572

Thanks...........Frank

hey frank. craig here again, just wanted to see if you forgot about me. lol. i was wanting to get that video of kevin driving his boat you told me about and those pics. cant wait to see him driving! please stay in touch craig s

10x 10-02-2008 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by craig s (Post 2704649)
hey frank. craig here again, just wanted to see if you forgot about me. lol. i was wanting to get that video of kevin driving his boat you told me about and those pics. cant wait to see him driving! please stay in touch craig s

Hi Craig, did'nt forget about it, just need to get a copy of it made so I can get it out to you. I'll be gone for a 3 day weekend of drag racing, but when I get back on monday, I'll make one and call you.

Thanks for the talk we had.

Frank

Powerplay25 11-08-2008 11:46 PM

Just read about this in Powerboat Mag. Very Sad.
Kevin sounded like a great person.

R.I.P.