Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
NJ Boat Regulation Commission - Tomorrow September 10th at 10:00am!! >

NJ Boat Regulation Commission - Tomorrow September 10th at 10:00am!!

Notices

NJ Boat Regulation Commission - Tomorrow September 10th at 10:00am!!

Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ Boat Regulation Commission - Tomorrow September 10th at 10:00am!!

The NJ Boat Regulation Commission (BRC) is planned for Wednesday, September 10th at 10:00am. The meeting is being held at:

Martin Bloom Community Pavilion
101 South Huntington Ave
Margate, NJ 08402

For directions, visit www.mapquest.com

In response to the tragic boating accident that took place on August 3rd on the Metedeconk River there have been renewed calls for speed limits on all inland waterways. BRC Chairman, Roger Brown, has indicated that he plans to propose a speed limit at the next meeting of the BRC.

JOIN ME IN PRESENTING THE FACTS!!
Please make plans to attend this meeting!!

This was a terrible tragedy and the NJPPC extends its deepest sympathies to the families involved. However, the facts from this incident must be ascertained prior to considering any proposal with regard to speed or any other additional boating regulations. The investigation is still underway; no charges have been filed and the facts are still being gathered.

Therefore, it is presumptuous to assume that speed was a factor and that a speed limit may have in some way prevented this incident from occurring. The NJPPC is strongly in support of efforts to promote boating safety on the water, education and enhanced enforcement of the current boating laws.

Increased law enforcement is the answer - not speed limits!

Best Regards,
Dave Patnaude
President
NJ Performance Powerboat Club
Old 09-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Since I cannot make this meeting (and don't live in NJ anyway..), I encourage everyone who does live there to attend, but:

1) Leave your ego, attitude and aggression at home. Acting like Atilla The Hun will only reinforce any negative stereotype image that others may already have of performance boaters.

2) Be willing to at least see the other side's point of view. If you've ever been sitting still on the water, and had someone blow past you at a high rate of speed or throwing a huge wake, what was your reaction?

3) Bring POSITIVE suggestions to address others' concerns. Anyone can b!tch about something, but it takes change and action to actually make things better. Be prepared to make some type of compromise that will move things forward.

4) If you're going to make claims about safety, have the FACTS to back up your claims. Use the official USCG or state boating statistics, and have hard copies with you.

5) Do not respond to abuse, name-calling or baiting. Taking the high road will always pay in the end.

6) Dress neatly and tastefully. A shirt with a chest pocket logo is fine, but showing up in a leather jacket with over-the-top embroidery and logos all over it (no manufacturers listed here) may serve to further alienate those that are already lined up against you.

7) Bear in mind that you probably don't know the background and credentials of others. You make find yourself dealing with a high-respected community leader, and not know it.

8) FOLLOW DAVEP'S LEAD!!!

Good Luck!

Last edited by C_Spray; 09-09-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be there
Old 09-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I will be there.

Mike
Old 09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

see you there
Old 09-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Registered

OK!!!!! We have completed the "TRUTH ABOUT BOATING ACCIDENTS AND WHY SPEED LIMITS ARE NOT THE ANSWER TO SAFER BOATING IN NJ!" 36 pages in length!

This is what I am presenting tomorrow morning to the NJ Boat Regulation Commission as well as printing hundreds of copies to share with every State Senator and Assemblyman to spread the FACTS not some half baked idea by an opportunist politician!

VISIT www.njppc.com and download your copy!

PS...Sharkey thanks for the pics!
Old 09-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Make sure Triple digits is not there
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered

great job dave... good luck wish i could be down there with you to support you ...... stecz
Old 09-09-2008, 11:45 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

so come punk call me im leaving at 7am 2 1/2 hr ride.................................DAVE awsome as always SEE YOU THERE
Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Unfortunately, I can't make the meeting. Preparation is key & I wish you guys the best of luck! Thanks for standing up for powerboater's rights!!

Quick Reply: NJ Boat Regulation Commission - Tomorrow September 10th at 10:00am!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.