If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven

18 foot Powerplay.

It's a tractor pull motor Todd.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

Flemington, N.J. U.S.A
    I have a little experience with those pulling tractors you guys are talking about . They are the super stocks . diesels .With triple and quad turbos on some they make around 130 lbs of boost ! And the real big boys run their "diesels " on straight alcohol ! They make around 2000+ hp on motors that are suposed to about 100 hp !!!

My Boats:
    '88 Formula F-206 LS
    Kissimmee, Florida
    During Vietnam we had a patrol boat that was powered by twin 18 cylinder diesels that were 5,384 cui and rated for 3100 hp each. The engines aren't V-18's either. These motors have three crankshafts arranged in a triangle configuration with 36 pistons, two per cylinder. That's right 36 pistons!!
    All that power in a 70 ft hull. Top speed was 45+ knots.

Pt Boats, WWII and Vietnam

Click "Links" then "PT Boats in Vietnam" then "Deltic Discussion".
    Last edited by Iggy; 03-06-2002 at 11:01 AM.

I grew up on a large farm and know people who are tractor pullers, most do use stock straight 6 blocks with up to 4 turbochargers...boost can ran 200 PSI and thats with the Diesels, now they are running alcohol for even more power. The amazing thing is these motors stay together...unlike the Alcohol blown big block Hemi's etc. I have never seen a Diesel blow while pulling. But I don't get to many pulls anymore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123