Notices

My lady might have to go.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope that it doesn't come to that Peter.
It would suck for you to take a hit like that.... and I know that you really like the boat. And don't worry... some people have been around boating long enough to have heard of Avanti.
But the market does suck. I went to look at a boat worth 25k on Thursday and by the time I got up Friday morning it was worth 20.
Part of the problem is the banks. They have too many repos... so they got tighter with loans. So they decrease the pool of buyers, so the inventory is even higher in comparison. And values drop. By the time the bank realizes that they should have taken 100k for a boat... it's worth 80 and the buyer walked.

Get well soon.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The key is whether or not you "have" to sell. If you are not in dire need to sell, you can put it up on a few sites and keep using it. Someone who knows you or the boat may become interested. If you get in a corner and have to sell, then all bets are off and you probably will be sub 100k.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Fund.. I know the market sucks. It's too bed.
My delama.. is that if I can't use it for months.. my warranty is up in Dec. 08. So if I keep it, I will have and want to buy the extended warranty for 3 years. (From Brunswick direct)I can do that before the first warranty is up. It's 13000. SO .. trying to find out how much she's worth and see, to buy the warranty for 13K.. or take the hit of sale and let the new owner buy the warranty should he choose. If I can get back into boating my March.. shes staying home.
Estimate on the damn rehab 4-6 months, and now the surgery is delayed due to some ins. BS.

Thanks Skull.. I do not have to sell. I have a boat that sat in storage for a long time. I don't want the Avanti to do that. This lady needs to be "driven"... If I can't some one will, or should.

Last edited by PARADOX; 09-13-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell, we have to store our boat up here in Michigan 9 months a year, every year. Keep the damn thing!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BGIII
Hell, we have to store our boat up here in Michigan 9 months a year, every year. Keep the damn thing!
LMAO
That's why I moved to FLA from Chicago.