Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Are my speeds off??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195141-my-speeds-off.html)

noyzee 09-16-2008 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2687351)
You're running way too wet. At WOT and trimmed up, you should be running with only the last 5 feet of boat touching the water.

Check for some hook in the last 3 feet of the hull.
Do you have tabs????? How are they in relation to hull when all the way up????

the hull looks ok i took a straight edge about 2 feet long and ran it down a few spots and it looked good. the boat has no stress cracks or anything to show its out of wack.
i have to admit its original plugs and wires 230 hrs old

as for tabs, they are 12" long, they sit about 1" from the very bottom and sit out just a tad in the upward possition. the boat however always twists towards the left i alway half to trim the starb side down or port side up when cruzing. when im WOT its fine. it does this with just me in the boat, no one on the other side, and any weight i have in the boat is all right in the middle or close.

noyzee 09-16-2008 10:44 AM

it seems like prop is the issue imo from what you guys are telling me. i hit the limmiter very easy and thats when she falls off.

im a little iffy on a prop however, id like to do a merc prop, my friend got a bblades and had a few issues with it and im not sure i want to spend 1,000 bucks and take any chance

Carder 09-16-2008 12:49 PM

You can get loaner props from BBlades, nothing lost but $25.00, and valuable information gained.
Carder

noyzee 09-16-2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Carder (Post 2687505)
You can get loaner props from BBlades, nothing lost but $25.00, and valuable information gained.
Carder

they do loaner props? if thats the case im going to contact them right befor spring to get on the list (the boat goes into winter storage this weekend:()

but i will give that a shot in the spring. if the prop works well can you just keep it and pay with a card or what ever?

Sea-Dated 09-16-2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by noyzee (Post 2687362)
i have to admit its original plugs and wires 230 hrs old

Might want to change your plugs and wires before next season as well. A good tune up will make a world of difference.

noyzee 09-16-2008 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated (Post 2687590)
Might want to change your plugs and wires before next season as well. A good tune up will make a world of difference.

thats the plan, i already have the stuff to do it. i will do it in the spring as the boat gets put away this weekend in the indoor racks for the winter sad to end the season, but its sled and race time now.

Magic Medicine 09-16-2008 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by noyzee (Post 2687364)
it seems like prop is the issue imo from what you guys are telling me. i hit the limmiter very easy and thats when she falls off.

im a little iffy on a prop however, id like to do a merc prop, my friend got a bblades and had a few issues with it and im not sure i want to spend 1,000 bucks and take any chance

Bretts custom labbed props aren't a grand and there cheap than merc racing. Even better yet he used to work at merc racing:cool:

noyzee 09-16-2008 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 2687741)
Bretts custom labbed props aren't a grand and there cheap than merc racing. Even better yet he used to work at merc racing:cool:

do you have contact info?

Magic Medicine 09-16-2008 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by noyzee (Post 2687756)
do you have contact info?

He is an OSO advertiser. What prop are you running now, what rpm are you turning it?

920-295-4435 ask for Brett.

noyzee 09-16-2008 06:47 PM

right now its the stock 4 blade. i think its 15 3/4 23 or 22 pitch i get the 3 and 4 blade mixed up. im new at this prop thing. lol