Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   God Bless Texas... Ike's a'coming. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195180-god-bless-texas-ikes-acoming.html)

BY U BOY 09-12-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by yahoo (Post 2684212)
dont think we will flood either, its going to move through pretty fast. Its the storm surge thats gonna get my beach housel

Good luck,I hope your beach house stays dry.

BY U BOY 09-12-2008 05:26 PM

I hope no one is rack storing thier boat in Galveston..One of the rack store places is burning down.:mad:

niceguy 09-12-2008 06:19 PM

Starting to get more wind and gusts here.... but no rain. I am about 28 miles north of galveston.

formula 382 sr-1 09-12-2008 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2684218)
I hope no one is rack storing thier boat in Galveston..One of the rack store places is burning down.:mad:

Sorry for the bad luck . :eek:

txriverrat2001 09-12-2008 08:03 PM

It's blowin like hell here - we're stayin on the San Jac - the high end of course - I'll have some video later. Had our first tree snap and missed one of the boats by a foot or two.

Got my new floating dock out last night - and just in time. It would of slid off the end poles as of this morning.....

My bro's boat house's dock is usually 3 ft above the water - it's 5 -7 ft over it now - Wind is blowin out of the north with some fierce gust.

Hope everyone is safe!!

Capt Ross

BY U BOY 09-12-2008 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by txriverrat2001 (Post 2684373)
It's blowin like hell here - we're stayin on the San Jac - the high end of course - I'll have some video later. Had our first tree snap and missed one of the boats by a foot or two.

Got my new floating dock out last night - and just in time. It would of slid off the end poles as of this morning.....

My bro's boat house's dock is usually 3 ft above the water - it's 5 -7 ft over it now - Wind is blowin out of the north with some fierce gust.

Hope everyone is safe!!

Capt Ross

Wind id getting bad here in the DT area. I have a very close eye on a pecan tree next to my house:eek:

txriverrat2001 09-12-2008 08:33 PM

I tried -

1 Attachment(s)
to make some kind of video ...

This is from earlier today - then the last segment was from 7pm this evening.........

It's whistlin through the house ....

formula 382 sr-1 09-12-2008 08:41 PM

Thanks, You be safe hope all fair's well with you .

scarrab30 09-12-2008 09:05 PM

I used to live in afton village (spring branch), I went through hurricane carla at seabrook Tex. I spent alot of time in that area 40yrs. ago. I hope ya'll heed the warnings and get to safer spot. This one sounds worse than carla. Brian

Wobble 09-12-2008 09:30 PM

We are seeing 60mph gusts at the moment, power is on. The river is up six feet already. I would bet that when the wind gets behind the surge we will easily see double that. Right now the wind is fighting the surge.

I'm as ready as I can be, I'll try and keep you posted.