Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   God Bless Texas... Ike's a'coming. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195180-god-bless-texas-ikes-acoming.html)

Sydwayz 09-13-2008 09:20 AM

I just talked to Clark. They have been w/o power since Midnight. They are safe though at the house; including all 6 dogs. There was no damage at the house, and the wind wasn't so bad. The house only shuttered once.

4mulafastech 09-13-2008 09:42 AM

Just talked to my brother who lives in Spring TX (just north of Houston). Two large pine trees uprooted and fell on his garage caving in the roof and just mising his 28' RV. He had another tree fall on his truck. Sounds like it was pretty bad with a lot of sustained winds. They lost power but he is all set-up with a generator. He will send me some pics later. Still too windy to go outside. He said the news reported the area may be without power for up to two weeks. Not good.

BOBCATMATHEWS 09-13-2008 09:43 AM

I would not jump to conclusions on loss of life ,or devastation of certain areas, the news reported the keys were completely underwater on tuesday , and the weather channel people are morons. I would be interested to find out about the biker bar "poop deck" .

chuckbeecher 09-13-2008 09:46 AM

Talked to Clark a little while ago and everything was fine but in the dark..so whats new:party-smiley-004:
6 dogs in the house..NOW that could be the real Texas Disaster!!!!!
and then there's that bachelor refrigirator:eek:
Fellow pilot who lives seveal blocks off Lake Conroe lost all shingles on his roof and many big water leaks and no lights.
Would be good to hear fromThunderstruck..alot of people from Texas and La. here at the hotel in Pensacola..the ones from the Lake Charles area have been in contact with their local Nat. Guard and major flooding and high water on those bayous.

chuckbeecher 09-13-2008 10:19 AM

Anyone that is interested can watch the local Houston NBC station at:
www.click2houston.com

Clay Washington 09-13-2008 10:24 AM

Austin is cloudy and a little windy, but no rain.

All of the bad weather and rain is east of I-35.

Hell, I plan to go to the lake tomorrow! :)

Good luck, y'all!

H2Xmark 09-13-2008 02:11 PM

Hey guys, well we made it through the hurricane, pretty bad last night and early this morning. My new roof held up really well, I did have about 60 ft of wood privacy fence come down. it even moved the outside central air unit . my pool has about 200 lbs of leaves in it, some of my neighbors have roof damage and trees down. some of the smaller towns near the coast have water 8 to 10 ft deep. all power is down, running generator and some window units for a/c, have water and food, might leave in a few days if no power to stock up again.
I was blessed compared to others. if anyone is near beaumont and needs a hand call my cell 4097824420
Mark Rush

CAPTAIN CHUCK 09-13-2008 05:05 PM

Hey Clay how is everything in your area?

I hope all is well bro!!!!:ernaehrung004:

Chuck

jesch3 09-13-2008 05:31 PM

Austin didn't get any rain out of this storm. Just a little wind, but that is all.