Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Storm cleanup? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195297-storm-cleanup.html)

DirtyMoney 09-13-2008 05:33 PM

Storm cleanup?

After Gustav and now Ike does anybody have any FEMA contacts or know any contractors with a FEMA contract in place. I have several large excavators with thumbs, tree shears, and buckets. I also have 3 long reach excavators with 55'-60' of reach. I have large articulated 6 wheel trucks. I have small and large dozers with rakes. I have skid steers with grapple buckets, flat bed dump trucks, 963 and 973 loaders with rakes. All this equipment needs is something to do.

Beau

scarrab30 09-14-2008 08:07 AM

Beau, e-mail straight jacket, he's in new orleans running a clean up crew out of chicago. He knows some people down there that might be able to help you out. his cell is 708 751 8591. his name is Brian.

THEJOKER 09-14-2008 08:29 AM

You should get your dad to call my brother at Piedmont Tractor. He may be able to help.

elroy521 09-17-2008 06:00 PM

Any luck ?? looking for info myself

B one 09-17-2008 09:31 PM

Pm me if you are still interested I can hook you up.

BY U BOY 09-17-2008 09:36 PM

If you get down here please contact me..I am out of work because of IKE and need to do something.There is also another OSO brother out of work for sometime.We have no Idea when we will get to go back to work. I will Pm my # to you.

DirtyMoney 09-17-2008 10:10 PM

Still looking but understand Texas is still doing search and rescues and cleanup has not begun yet.

phragle 09-18-2008 08:12 AM

aside from the current, I believe fema carries a list of somesort of 'approved and preferred contractors" you'd be wise to get on the list so the next time this happens (and there will be a next time, dont know here but there will be) fema will call you.

On another thought...they really should do something about putting the displaced now unemployed people to work doing cleanup, these are the people that need the money. instead of giving them free money, make them work for it, plus the benefit of some of them learning new marketable skills. On top of that, if they have a labor intensive investment in their neighborhood, som of the deviants might take a little pride in it.

THRILLSEEKER 09-18-2008 03:08 PM

BE VERY CAREFULL WHO YOU DEAL WITH!!

An acquaintance of mine owns a huge clearing company here in OH. He sent several crews down to New Orleans after Katrina. He worked as a sub for a general with a Fema contract. The general never paid him, the figure was very staggering.

jdhamilton00 09-18-2008 04:36 PM

very difficult to get on the approved list. I've got 4 crews in Texas now. need dump trailers, trucks, Skidsteers, chippers, chain saws, pole saws, 5k / day for each crew.