OPA !!! Nice Going ! Hear What They're Saying:

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 10:32 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

My thanks go out to all of you that came to Pt Pleaasant Beach.

I just came in from attending the Pt Pleasant Beach Council Meeting. As I sat through all of the normal discussion of the town, my attention was then grabbed by the council when they started to discuss the boat race.

I wasn't sure what I was about to hear, but I patiently waited.

The gentleman on the council was happy to report that with the money received from the organization for the use of the parking lot was able to be used for something other than having to pay the Public Works Dept for cleanup after the event. He was so impressed with how everything went with the event and the fact that some of the racers came with their own trash containers and dumpsters that come Monday morning there was nothing left to be cleaned up. I recall him stating $3,500 was going to the town's library, some to the Police Dept and I think the balance may have gone to Public Works.

They were very impressed with the teams this year and the professionalism they witnessed. They realized there were a few issues they had to deal with during setup but it was all handle quite well.

Only one resident spoke about the parking lot and that the pits had extended beyond the proposed entrance by Boston Ave. He also commented how the town should look to receive the full amount next year for all spaces used just incase the weather is good next year.
Obviously that person did not realize with the weather that was there on Saturday, the town would have taken in nothing for parking during the storm.

Just before the closing of the meeting, I went before the council to recognize all of the town's efforts with the race and especially noted the Police Chief's involvement being as I witnessed that 1st hand.

Thank you all for leaving Point Beach cleaner than it was before you came. That did not go unnoticed by the town and it sounds like they are looking forward for next year.

One suggestiion made by the councilman was to start the planning for next year's event in about another month or two and get in touch with everyone involved to help coordinate things better with all of the depts.

Thanks again everyone for leaving a great impression !

And if I am not mistaken next year will be the 40th Anniversary of this event. That should make it even more special !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OPA keeps playing games with the rule book it wont have any Racers Left. I like the news I heard about First place being taken away from the Team Octane.... one ( 1 out of all classes) boat ran out of gas becasue of the course lay out???? What a load of $hit.