Notices

Key West Poker Run

Old 09-20-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
We are going to be in KW from Nov 1 -10 and are considering doing the poker run with the FPC. Since we will already be in KW several days before the run we are considering running to Miami from KW on Monday, staying in Miami Monday night and then doing the poker run back to KW on Tuesday.

If we do it, I would want to hook up with somebody that knows their way through the keys really well. We can get the maps and use the GPS, but if the keys are anything like here, the channels move and things are constantly changing. We could run on the outside up to Miami, but if the weather is nasty on Monday I would like the option to run inside if needed.

Anybody else doing this?
It's not as bad as you think. Depending on what day you go you will be with at least 80 other boats.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Doing the run with the Thursday group.. to KW...
Haven't decided the way back yet.. Probobly just get the trailer to KW or Marathon, and trailer/go home Sunday or Monday.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
It's not as bad as you think. Depending on what day you go you will be with at least 80 other boats.
We are heading from KW to Miami the day BEFORE the first FPC departure coming back to KW.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to be in KW from Nov 1 -10 and are considering doing the poker run with the FPC. Since we will already be in KW several days before the run we are considering running to Miami from KW on Monday, staying in Miami Monday night and then doing the poker run back to KW on Tuesday.

If we do it, I would want to hook up with somebody that knows their way through the keys really well. We can get the maps and use the GPS, but if the keys are anything like here, the channels move and things are constantly changing. We could run on the outside up to Miami, but if the weather is nasty on Monday I would like the option to run inside if needed.

Anybody else doing this?
If you are looking for someone to run with you from Key West to Miami let me know, I am a uscg 100 ton licenced captain with years of experience running around the florida keys.

Allan Sasson
305-947-3278
305-607-7515
www.xtremepowerboats.com
Old 09-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered

Nobody else running from KW to Miami to do the poker run?
We will be running to the keys on the Thursday run also, but have never gone all the way to the keys by water. I bet we will have a ton of people to help us get there for sure as always do with the FPC......Besides we have Allan from xtreme he knows the waters and knows Motions..........

Last edited by lowblue320; 09-22-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lowblue320
I will be running to the keys on the Thursday run also, but have never gone to the all the way to the keys by water but I bet we will have a ton of people to help us get there for sure......Besides we have Allan from xtreme he knows the waters and knows Motions..........
Great.. if you guys will navigate... I can follow you.. (as long as you slow down a bit)
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Great.. if you guys will navigate... I can follow you.. (as long as you slow down a bit)
always......... its all about the fun.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

fpc provides a navigator or pace boat with each days departure , least amount of boats run tues and weds , thursday's the big day
Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

You better keep up..... We're planning on running 25 knots for 12 hours!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHV0pPj5A1I[/YOUTUBE]
Old 09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

[QUOTE=GLH;2694021]You better keep up..... We're planning on running 25 knots for 12 hours!!!!!

With the A/C on high for sure

Quick Reply: Key West Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.