Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Florida Engine builders (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19549-florida-engine-builders.html)

spitfire1 03-10-2002 06:53 AM

Cranking it up a notch eh Mikey......bring it on.........no, you are only here to offer your selfless knowledge and further your cause right??......your bottom line......you're a salesman Mike.....you dont make sales by acting like a jack a$$.....does Mindy know you are representing Doller offshore in this fashion??.....I think you ought to can it before things really get out of hand dont you?? I have never represented myself as an expert on anything on this forum........Like I said before Mike....get over yourself.....get a reality check.

FlashptA10 03-10-2002 08:09 AM

Blue Thunder

Try Blue Thunder Engines in Fort Lauderdale
They have won many Championships and set records.
RAN IN OUR RACE BOAT

Jassman 03-10-2002 08:38 AM

MPH 120, your absouloutly right about TOTAL MARINE. I also got there prices right before I went down to THUNDER, and was real close with going with them, but elected to go with EICKERT on ly for the fuel injection and resale. I will probably in 2 or 3 years move up and get THUNDERS 42 or 49 and then look at those guys again. They do everything right, are honest, will be more established at that time and I wont have to worry about resale. ALL THE PARTS ARE THE SAME, for the money. This is where I will be getting my boat serviced, and just purchased the drives IMCO SC from them, they gave me a deal I couldnt refuse. You also made a great choice.:D

gmhdfan 03-10-2002 12:18 PM

If these builders are out of your budjet give me a e-mail we have some good engine builders here in central FL. Are you looking for new power or to rebuild what you have now? Let me know if I can Help.:cool:

Mbam 03-10-2002 04:17 PM

Just to throw a little water on the fire, I kind of compare engine builders to restaurants. Most of them buy the same ingredients, usualy from the same suppliers. But you know you go to one place and the meal is just so-so, maybe even lousy. Then you go to the next place, maybe it's just a storefront with 10 tables, or it could even be a big chain that is managed real well. Same ingredients, but the food is fantastic.

I was in the engine business for a brief while, and I will tell you it is not easy.

MPH120 03-10-2002 07:12 PM

Marc,

The same goes for transmissions.............

dirtlawyer 03-11-2002 06:46 AM

also talk to Mike or Andy at Lightning Bay Marine in St. Pete - they did my work and I am very pleased with them - they definitely know what they are doing...

website is www.lightningbaymarine.com

cast 03-12-2002 12:17 AM

MOTORS

:D TOMMY AT CHIEF ENGINES HAS THE BEST MOTORS IN SOUTH FLA WE SEND ARE CUSTOMERS TO HIM . CAST-A-LINE MARINE INC.:D :D JAY CASTALINE 954-966-0240

elimi 03-12-2002 02:19 AM

Paul Pfaff (Pfaff Engines) is very personable and talks to you like a human, and has the time to spend with you on the phone or in person. No pressure and everything is laid out on the table for you.

cast 03-12-2002 06:41 PM

respect

miss goodfella I have more respect then you will ever know. I have 22 years in this business. I have earned it. Maybe you shoud try to earn some... the first step is watch what you say!!!!!!!!!! then maybe you can be MR GOODFELLA .:D :D :D DID NOT KNOW THAT WAS YOUR WAY TO SIGNING OFF US YOU NAME OR HAVE A NICE DAY.:D :D