Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195579-favorite-offshore-25ft-smaller.html)

JO - PANTERABOATS 09-26-2008 11:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks. Boat was custom made to our customer's exact specifications. Customer had approximately $ 75,000 - $ 78,000 into this entire package with CMI header upgrade. Cabin was finished in white vinyl with 1/2 inch padding including colored light panels, porta potti, storages, cup holders, stereo, etc. etc.

GPS, custom push button ignition panel, Stainless Marine indicators, Marine Machine hydraulic race steering, and MOMO leather race wheel were all part of the package.

Regards,

JO

Uncle Dave 09-26-2008 11:58 PM

Couple of questions if you dont mind me asking.....

1. Where and how did he choose to mount the gps?
I ask because this detail turned out to be a pain for me. It looks like he has room for a bracket mount between the top of th egauge cluster and the back of the windshield.

2. How do you keep the wheel centered with a full hydraulic unit? (or is that cable operated hydraulic) wouldnt the unit drift on power off/on and ultimately "center" could be with the flat spot to the side, or up? This problem forced me to remove my older style trim on wheel system.

Thanks again!

Uncle Dave

JO - PANTERABOATS 09-27-2008 12:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Dave, On this particular 24' customer wanted GPS mounted on the fiberglass windscreen facing the driver. Here is another 24' SE we delivered last Summer with GPS mounted in front of dash with stock GPS mount.

JO

Uncle Dave 09-27-2008 12:21 AM

picts are great....

Tough choices-

Id say the windscreen mount looks better, but I cant imagine reaching over while running to adjust or change a waypoint, its just doesnt seem practical.

Where the Se mount isn't quite as sanitary, it seems more flexible- you could rest a palm on the windscreen to stabilize your hand and reach over with your thumb to change a range setting.

THANKS!

Uncle Dave

JO - PANTERABOATS 09-27-2008 12:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Our Pantera 24' "Sport" model has a racier straight across fiberglass windscreen that we offer with custom race sitdown seats or stand up bolsters.

201liberator 09-27-2008 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave (Post 2698806)
From another thread I didn't respond to the 201 Lib is by far the best of the liberator breed- in the 20ft class it was and even as a "factory boat" is still hard to beat in its length - as long as it has a through the transom exhaust kit. The cobra drive w/ through the prop exhaust is kinda lame.

This is also a boat Ive been to Catalina and back on several times so although not the best big water boat,(what 20 footer is) it's one you can confidently go out in.

I lusted after it heavily during my years at Skipper Marine electronics and our best client camborac marine sold them so I know it well-

Do you have the round or square cuddy hatch?

I have the square hatch. My boat came with a 350 and Cobra drive. It now has a 383 and Bravo 1 drive. It is a fun little boat. Not too big for small lakes and just big enough to go out on Lake MI in average conditions.

UP_ROKTOY 09-27-2008 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY (Post 2698791)
progression still makes the 22, 24, and 24xl's
Superboat still makes the 21 and 24's
Activator still makes the 22

Real offshore hulls, built with the right stuff available today.

Add pantera to that list, didn't realize they were also still offering their 24.

4 good companies offering offshores under 25 ft.

Ike 09-27-2008 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS (Post 2698880)
Here are a few pics. of a new all black gelcoat Pantera 24' SE we delivered a few months back powered by a single Merc. 496 HO - 425 HP with CMI headers. Boat was alot of fun to run out in the ocean.

JO - Pantera Boats

Wow beautiful tough looking badass boat, good price too!

Uncle Dave 09-27-2008 10:21 AM

1 more-

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY (Post 2698970)
Add pantera to that list, didn't realize they were also still offering their 24.

4 good companies offering offshores under 25 ft.

5- the Laveycraft 24 won offshore sport boat of the year in 03 (or 04 cant remember)

Now all we need to do is convince new boaters to buy one of the 5 (Im sure there are a few more) instead of yamaha and sea doo and these good companies can stay in business.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan

SKATERKAT 09-27-2008 10:37 AM

Since we cant talk about cats :mad: (Of course I would have picked the 24 skater) I'll have to go with the 24 Pantera. This is an old 24 race boat named "Plum Loco" here in my hometown, and runs STRONG. I have driven it, as well as throttled it. Great rough water boat. The hull is a 1992, and it still looks identical to the day it was new. Same paint scheme and everything:drink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbEDvApTi_w