Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195579-favorite-offshore-25ft-smaller.html)

T2x 09-29-2008 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by SKATERKAT (Post 2700545)
Amen to that UPROKTOY,

They need to bring back the old A and B class, and I would be all over that! Your progression would an A class dominator. Thats we need. A 22 to 26ft single outboard class like the old days! Can you imagine single OB progressions, panteras, velocitys, etc. etc. etc.? How fun would that be huh? :ernaehrung004:

That is called the Single Outboard class (S.O.B. for short) and no one shows up for the races even though it is included in all OPA events......

There are dozens and dozens of them in the northeast, but none of the owners wants to risk damaging their hulls and many whine about the entry fee, cost of safety equipment, travel expenses....etc, etc, etc...... It' sad because without a true breeding ground where are tomorrow's racers going to get started. Not everybody can start at the top.

T2x

UP_ROKTOY 09-29-2008 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2700557)
That is called the Single Outboard class (S.O.B. for short) and no one shows up for the races even though it is included in all OPA events......

There are dozens and dozens of them in the northeast, but none of the owners wants to risk damaging their hulls and many whine about the entry fee, cost of safety equipment, travel expenses....etc, etc, etc...... It' sad because without a true breeding ground where are tomorrow's racers going to get started. Not everybody can start at the top.

T2x

Unfortunately I am one of those people who has had the chance to run in Algonac Michigan and St. Clair michigan but have not been able to pull it off....I'd love to do it...but another reason I don't do it is because I don't think i would be racing anyone but myself?

This summer my motor blew up, maybe next summer :food-smiley-007:

UP_ROKTOY 09-29-2008 10:39 AM

did they limit speeds in SOB or was it just run what ya brung?

T2x 09-29-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY (Post 2700592)
did they limit speeds in SOB or was it just run what ya brung?

I honestly don't know if they limit speeds or not.... I hope not as that would be another excuse not to bring your S.O.B.....and a good one....Why go to a "race" that isn't really a race?

T2x

SKATERKAT 09-29-2008 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2700611)
I honestly don't know if they limit speeds or not.... I hope not as that would be another excuse not to bring your S.O.B.....and a good one....Why go to a "race" that isn't really a race?

T2x

You guys dont know how close I came to trying to run APBA/SBI race here in my S.O.B. I know I would've been blown out of the water, and laughed out of the pits but I didnt care. Im young, stupid, and passionate about offshore racing. I just wanted to able to say I did it, especially in my home town. I e mailed SBI and got the official rules and packet, downloaded the ENTIRE P-5 rule book, had a throttle man, safety gear, etc. Work schedule unfortunetly changed those plans for me. :mad: I wanted to it for myself, and as a tribute to my dad, uncle, and all the guys I grew up watching around here running the "little" boats in the 80's and early 90's. Back when it was simple and a bit more fun IMHO. Maybe next year.

two-air 09-29-2008 11:10 AM

I got dizzy trying to find a 25' Warlock on this list.. They won many races back in the F1 glory days, including a world championship.. That means speed and handling... There is not a boat on this list that could beat one around a course... Nuf said.

Frank

DKerns 09-29-2008 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY (Post 2700528)
Time to get back to the "smaller" classes of boats racing so the poor guy like me can run around with boats his size :cool:

Found this pic in one of Mobilemercman's threads. This is how it should still be. I think he said this was taken in 1985?!?!

HabanaJoe 09-29-2008 12:57 PM

DKerns - your about that, this is how it should be.

I see the A-44 team Gulfwind there that was the A Class kile record holder for a few years 83 or 84 Mph?

That really was when racing was fun and it didn't cost an arm an a leg.

Joe Gere

Pantera1 09-29-2008 02:00 PM

Carrera.

Go for a ride
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1nz96/s.../blastmpeg.mpg

JO - PANTERABOATS 09-29-2008 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2700611)

T2x

T2X,
As I get "older" I find myself agreeing w/ you more and more!
Later,
pp.