Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195579-favorite-offshore-25ft-smaller.html)

Monaco20 09-30-2008 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The old Formulas, maybe not tha fastest but best boats ever build.:cool:

Mine by the dock

SkinnyDan 09-30-2008 06:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been very impressed with the Pantera's ability to land "soft" when you are up high enough to air the props. Learning to drive and throttle through the rough stuff is fun (and stressful :eek:) but the capability of the boat inspires a lot of confidence. I made it out twice last weekend, with three of us standing up in front each time. Passenger comments included:
"I heard the props come out a few times, but that time they were waaay out"
"I've never been in a boat that was built to fly through the air"
"Slow down, I can't take any pictures"
"I wasn't scared. . . just a little nervous"

So far: 70 mph on GPS with merc 225s (then I got scared, I dunno how fast she'll go)

audacity 09-30-2008 08:06 PM

I'm good now that I am home from a month away testing and racing. I hope to see you guys in KW! Look forward to seeing your fam.

"The old Formulas, maybe not tha fastest but best boats ever build" .........that's a big statement!

pantera puts a lot into their boats...they have stood the test of time...the company is fueled by racing and testing countless hours....they are not located in farm country! Other manufactures (CUSTOM) have dropped their smaller boats because there is less money in them! The other cookie-cutter manufactures still make them because they build them like your bathtub!

Offshore powerboats seem like they are more untouchable than ever, to me. And I run one of the most advanced boats on earth...JO and the pantera family have not lost touch with their offshore roots! They really deserve more credit for their 24foot boat and what they have accomplished with it! I feel they are more about pride than the $...

T2x 10-01-2008 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY (Post 2701560)
I watched a video of them in the 28 and the announcer said the same thing, that the two of them were fearless, ran hard, good drivers, etc.

Any idea who that announcer was..........? ;)

He must have been a pretty smart cookie....... :D

UP_ROKTOY 10-01-2008 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2702621)
Any idea who that announcer was..........? ;)

He must have been a pretty smart cookie....... :D

I thought it might have been you. I was pretty young in '82 and '86 (the time of those vids) so I have a bit of a hard time remembering hanging out at the key west worlds in those days :p

Mange 10-01-2008 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by audacity (Post 2702292)

"The old Formulas, maybe not tha fastest but best boats ever build" .........that's a big statement!

Now that was funny!!!!

I totaly agree with you regards Pantera and the Pepe Nuņez family.
With their philosophy, attitude, experience and big racing hearts It can't go wrong.
I have a modest rigged 24 Pantera my self besides my race boat and all I can say is to put i bigger
power in her and get to race!

Mange

T2x 10-01-2008 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY (Post 2702755)
I thought it might have been you. I was pretty young in '82 and '86 (the time of those vids) so I have a bit of a hard time remembering hanging out at the key west worlds in those days :p

The other interesting thing about this............

Many years ago I worked in a boat yard as an outboard mechanic...... I actually went to Mercury's school at that time.

The boat yard?

K&K Outboard.......

I've known Kenny and Jeff since they were in pre school. I was very proud of them in those races...and I guess it showed. I am , after all, a bit of a "homer".

T2x

Powerplay25 11-30-2008 01:26 AM

Favorite offshore 25' and under?

25' Active Thunder
24' Pantera

And of course the 25' Powerplay...

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ibc83q.jpg

smiklos@sunprint 11-30-2008 08:06 AM

26 Corsa

The 26 Corsa is actually 24' 10" as measured by Gene Whip repeatedly!

They are great! Of all the boats I have raced borrowed etc it is the one I cannot sell. They just work. I was running 80 yesterday in 2' seas showing a drag racer how to drive a boat.

It is still in the water and I am taking it to get some breakfeast.
Steve

BUIZILLA 11-30-2008 08:13 AM

very informative topic... lotsa good history unfolded here..