Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195579-favorite-offshore-25ft-smaller.html)

GregGuimond 11-30-2008 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Warlock World Class Offshore .........

Powerplay25 11-30-2008 12:47 PM

How's this mini lineup?

The South Jersey boys back at the "Dredge."

25' Active Thunder
22' Velocity
22' Apache
25' Powerplay

http://i35.tinypic.com/dzteom.jpg

Craney 11-30-2008 01:38 PM

Lets see a Thunder,Velocity,Apache and a Powerplay somethings missing !!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

prostock85 11-30-2008 02:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't have much to compare but I loved the way my old 245 Chris Craft limited with a BBC, handled.

Also my friends 23ft Nova handles the snot pretty well ('08 LG Fun Run)

Powerplay25 11-30-2008 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Craney (Post 2749992)
Lets see a Thunder,Velocity,Apache and a Powerplay somethings missing !!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your right!

Actually our other buddy was there with us too. His boat was to the left and out of this picture. It's a 28' Pantera with a pair of 468's.

Mange 11-30-2008 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by prostock85 (Post 2750013)
I don't have much to compare but I loved the way my old 245 Chris Craft limited with a BBC, handled.

Are you absolutely sure? I had one 10 years ago and I hated it. I remember a day I was really
close to jump of the da*n boat in 45mph speed ......

prostock, I hope everthing is fine with you :)

Mange

AIR TIME 11-30-2008 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2696108)
The post above is confusing....

Questions:

1. What is " Pole Position?"

2. Who is the "we" in "we're the best"....

Regarding the listing you linked to.

1. What does this have to do with boats 25 feet and under?

2. Can you sort this nightmare by powerplant(s) so as to get "apples to apples" comparisons?

3. Does a boat attaining xxx mph in 1988 mean anything when compared to a more recent test with newer props and drives?

Aside from talking in circles about the validity or non validity of boat tests from....... West Coast Publications......What is your point?

T2x

Thank you T2x :D

prostock85 11-30-2008 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mange (Post 2750170)
Are you absolutely sure? I had one 10 years ago and I hated it. I remember a day I was really
close to jump of the da*n boat in 45mph speed ......

prostock, I hope everthing is fine with you :)

Mange

Mange,
Knowing what I know now, it wasn't the greatest, but until I got the 312, it was my largest boat to date. It felt solid and tracked well. I was only on the boat in lake conditions so I guess I haven't experienced much.

AIR TIME 11-30-2008 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave (Post 2696001)
Roktoy- here is a comprehensive breakdown of speed tests by brand stating- power, test date , testing authority, and of course radar/gps speed. It doesn't take into account props however but you can look at the dates and get archive info from the various testers magazine.

By comparing relative boat lengths with identical power you can get a good idea of a brands hull efficiency of course there's a chance a manufacturer could rig a light layup for a test, but I doubt it as the boats go on to be sold and a "race layup" is a huge liability in a product with a 10-20 year lifespan.

Before cries of "foul" start and the "chin music" begins flowing- you should know that when boat is featured in a magazine the actual vendor is almost always present for the "top speed test", and allowed to drive it themselves if not happy with the results. This stops the "bought and paid for BS" from the start.

Enjoy!

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700
Nissan Titan

DOES this mean I should junk my boat its going to be 21years old in 2 months:eek: and for its birthday we are building a 1000hp motor to replace the 1993 650hp motor oh by the way my boat won PB in 1988.:rolleyes:. Artimus

Uncle Dave 11-30-2008 07:43 PM

Uhh not sure.

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 2750198)
DOES this mean I should junk my boat its going to be 21years old in 2 months:eek: and for its birthday we are building a 1000hp motor to replace the 1993 650hp motor oh by the way my boat won PB in 1988.:rolleyes:. Artimus

Im not sure I understand your question.

Your quote of mine was taken quite a ways into a complex discussion that included step benefits if any, as well as hull construction (hand laid/vacuum bad, and resin infusion as techniques available today.)

My point was the document provided shows identical manufacterers models that used identical power with the difference being steps.

This data can then be used by the original poster to discern what the various hull in his size ranged test at and at what power.

Almost, but not all tests conducted show some % gain for steps. It varies but most hulls show a gain. Id be happy to look at as comprehensive a document from anyone here.

Even highly respected East Coast builders like Joe at Pantera claim an increase (actually he claims 10% with no handling decrease- please take a look at the Pantera 28 SR and read his posts. )

Im sticking with what the numbers show vs stories without data backing them up. Please post any data you have that compares the hulls the poster was interested in. I'd like to see them.

Take a look at my Laveycraft 2750 in the Laveycraft forum and tell me what you think.

"Uncle Dave"

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB