Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195579-favorite-offshore-25ft-smaller.html)

Aqua Banshee 09-18-2008 08:57 AM

If you can find one the 80's 24 Sonic. Huge cabin for a 24. Not saying its the best, but fun to drive. Most all are outboards

Uncle Dave 09-18-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY (Post 2689425)
I do also like the active thunders, been noticing more of them lately, they look like a pretty good rough water boat.

Progression still my favorite (of course I am biased...duh)

Got give them credit for actually designing their own boat- a lot of the "makers" just splash someone elses saves lots of money.

I looked at their site, don't know how the "variable deadrise bottom" concept works in reality but the idea seems sound.

Vacuum bagging is the way to go (or resin infusion which is REALLY expensive)

Paint/gel is right out of the 70's

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan

phragle 09-18-2008 09:23 AM

Brownie's 24 nova :drink:

UP_ROKTOY 09-18-2008 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave (Post 2689487)
Got give them credit for actually designing their own boat- a lot of the "makers" just splash someone elses saves lots of money.

I looked at their site, don't know how the "variable deadrise bottom" concept works in reality but the idea seems sound.

Vacuum bagging is the way to go (or resin infusion which is REALLY expensive)

Paint/gel is right out of the 70's

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan

I love the old school look on the gel. My boat is mostly white with a black outline and grey accents so its not all fancy like the newer boats but not totally dated either.

I don't know much about the variable deadrise in how it actually compares to performance of other boats, but I can say it seems to land pretty soft and handle a fair amount of water for its size.

northernoffshore 09-18-2008 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by lightspeed (Post 2689078)
Had A Couple Of 24 Superboats,, Not Bad Good In The Ruff Not The Fastest Out There,,,,, Didnot Like When 2 Guys Were On One Side Felt Like It Was Gunna Tip Over With The 7 Ft Beam ,,25 Powerplay I Had Was An Outrageous Boat Twin 225 Promax Went 85+GPS Handled Great ,Wide Beam, In The Real Ruff Rode A Little Hard But Not That Bad,,,,,Had a 22 Activator With a 280ROS Motor 85+ Good For A Bay Bomber,,, Best Bang For The Buck 25 POWERPLAY

Thanks again for the pp25 it's a great boat

northernoffshore 09-18-2008 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2689331)
I have to 2nd that on the A.T. Great all round boat, getting tougher to find though.

The AT is spalshed off a cigarette 24'

boatnuts 09-18-2008 10:59 AM

Just little biased here, but the 25 Magum Sport has the "V", the beam (8 ft) and the weight to put it with the front of the pack when it gets rough. It also performs exceptionally well with a decent sized single.:cool:

fantastixvoyage 09-18-2008 11:10 AM

Love someone's comment on the 24' bat boat. Hands-down THE winner of this best rough water 24' and under....just ask anyone on the Boyne Thunder poker run last year!!! We were consistently passing boats in that rough Lake Michigan water - especially a certain red 38' Donzi ZX...:evilb:

onesickpantera 09-18-2008 11:10 AM

I'm sure there are a ton of great 25' and under boats out there but I only have first hand experience with my Pantera. I rarely get into bigger water but when I do it really shines for a small boat.

When I was shopping I had Superboat, Active Thunder and Pantera on my short list.

I agree with the Bat Boat. I've seen some of those run great in big water.

Perlmudder 09-18-2008 11:14 AM

simple! the TD sting ray!:evilb:

sorry...i had to!