Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? >

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Notices

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help me out here.....

I got my hand in the air like Tom Hanks on Big- I don't get it.

First off beautiful picts thanks for posting them.

I went to the site and read about how Bananna boats are made and it seems like they are well reinforced and rigged and use late gen resins and that's all good.....

Ive looked quite carefully at the picks and Im guessing the timeline between newest and oldest boat is 20 years? The boat hasnt really changed which is good, and bad- stick with what works but why not make it better?

Seems as though it could have evolved at least a bit-
Do they vacuum bag? How much wood is in the boat?
non pop up cleats? combined shift throttle ?(looks plastic)?

Whats the ticket on the "new" 24 footer at the boat show.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2008, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laster
I can pretty much break 90 any time. Will run 93-94 under good conditions. There is probably more in it if I wanted to set it up strictly for top end.
Not bad!! I bet if you really tuned it up you could really rip!!

I have the 300x and have hit 85 on occasion and typically top out with an average load at 80-81.

I blew the motor this summer and am hopefully going to send it to simon motorsports....hoping to pick up a few mph. 80+ is so fun on the pad in these boats.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

24 Cigarette Firefox
Old 09-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Registered

Top Banana,

What would that boat sell for? That is a neat looking boat! Doesn't that bracket put extra pressure on the transom (although I know there are thousands in the water right now)?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 226 Likes on 88 Posts

Uncle Dave and Towhead.

Thanks for the comments. First of all we start with the hull and deck and from that point everything is custom made to what the customer wants, from colors to interior layout, bolsters, seats, u -shaped lounge, full cabin, half cabin, no cabin, kevlar layup, carbon fiber hatches, etc. etc. If you can dream it, we know the people that can make it.

For instance, we are workinig with a customer now who has seen the excellent work and great detail that went into the 24 foot Cigarette Firefox redo, that Lip Ship just finished. They did a great job, but our customer wants to start with a new boat and make his own version of his dream using that same proven 24 foot Cigarette / Banana hull.

We use the same interior people that did that work for Lip Ship, we have access to the same engine and drive technology and with my own racing background and connections, I have the people that know me and can help me make a customer's dream come true. Bobby Saccenti, Richie Powers, Brownie, Mark McManus and Michael Aronow. We can build a boat that can run with anyone in any type of conditions, believe me.

Towhead.....you ask a question about the pressure on the transom. We have that bracket made for us by Stainless Marine.

When I decided to put our outboards on a bracket, I turned to my friend, a guy by the name of Brownie, to help me. (I'm sure the OSO people know him) He made sure that the bracket is not only engineered to work correctly, it is also engineered to make the boat go faster.

I personally have raced this boat with twin small blocks that had over 400 HP each. I know what this boat can do in the real open ocean. It is a great boat.

As far as price, the Tampa boat had a 250 HP outboard and with the custom trailer had a boat show price of $75,000. We normally would sell a boat like that with a 300 HP outboard for a retail of $83,000 with the trailer.

Custom boats, as you already know can go anywhere from there. This boat would do fine with a Merc 525 package as a sterndrive.

As you know, Don Aronow was a good friend of mine and I wanted to do something to honor his memory with a boat of his own design. We just made an agreement with Michael Aronow, to produce a limited edition of our 24 and 28 footers as special Don Aronow Signature Editions. Only Banana Boat Co will be allowed to make a Don Aronow model and obviously these will be very special boats...(Think of that Firefox on steroids).

We are still working out the details and hope to source some really exotic stuff at the IBEX show in a couple of weeks....stay tuned.

Our Don Aronow 24 and 28 versions will be sterndrive models and will have the look of the vintage Aronow types.
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-24-banana-sport-1-small-.bmp   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-advertising0003-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 09-20-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Banned
Gold Member

Miami to NY record set in a 24 Pantera...enough said!

Not a Skater!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
Miami to NY record set in a 24 Pantera...enough said!

Not a Skater!
what is the record? time avergae speed?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Registered

Default ok if we have manufacturers here, lets talk........

Top Bananna - thanks for the great info. Id like to discuss in more detail
You seem well connected and anybody really boating like yourself has good cred with me, and I LOVE the webber stacks in your avatar.

It seems as though you are an actual Manufacturer so I'm going to discuss with you in a more frank fashion. You are here to sell and Ive previously been mailing with buyers or end users. This should up the relative level of play in this thread (and because end users are too attached to their purchases to put the emotion aside.)
I have different preferences than you and I'm pointing some real differences between you and other (not necessarily my brand but it would be included) competitors products.

Ok so you guys make a solid boat and have a rich history & good names, that's important for us investors. You'll customize it to a good extent, and apparently it can handle hot power in a stable fashion, but there really aren't "innovations" per se in this product at least that I can see. What has Bananna done lately in terms of awards, offshore wins in any series OSS Popra etc? Not debating the history just curious whats new.

It doesn't look to me like there has been any progress on the hull or the level of componentry I see in these picts. From what I can tell you're using standard laminations schemes (but with current resins) and running non-stepped hulls designed 20 years ago.
The show boats level of componentry just is not state of the art or trick but maybe thats why its 10K off.

Still arent sure - do you vac bag?

I dont get the whole "nostalgia thing" If you are spending 85K wouldn't you prefer to have a custom scheme done?- really (come on now….)? Does the single solid color, or 2-tone combo really set you apart at the beach form other boats of the same length? You refer to “having it done but that implies you dont do it in house but hire piece workers to do it maybe maybe not.

Im not saying you guys dont make a good/even great boat-nor am I slamming your personal sense of style because you seem hip. Id love to go boating with you can consider this mail an invite for you to actually go with me, but I wouldn’t purchase this boat from what I’ve seen in your picts because there are others that cover the basics of quality solid construction just as well and in of course my own opinion have evolved further from a design and build standpoint.

Im not remotely dissing you, your boats, Don Aronow or his accomplishments but debating the level of technology and style that is currently available to a buyer in the 24ft class.

Respectfully,

Uncle Dave

Nissan Titan
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-lavey140.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-lavey161.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-out-mold-side.jpg  

Old 09-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Registered

More things that make one say,,,,,,What The F#@K?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Registered

Default ??!?

Originally Posted by cosmic12
More things that make one say,,,,,,What The F#@K?
?????? - Him- me- the thread.... what are you talking about.

Uncle Dave

Nissan Titan

Quick Reply: Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.