Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Notices

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ill still shop......

Originally Posted by DKerns
I will stick with brand loyalty! I am very happy with my 22 Velocity. I know it looks dated and has a plastic shifter, but I like it!!! It is a little on the light side but all in all a good boat. I boat on the Chesapeake bay which is capable of getting pretty snotty.

Velocity makes a great boat.

They are, if not the, -certainly top 3 speed wise in terms of apples to apples power in each category they build.

Take a look at what they are getting in the 28 ft category with 470 HP

The numbers dont lie. (they don't tell the whole truth either)

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Old 09-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DKerns
I will stick with brand loyalty! I am very happy with my 22 Velocity. I know it looks dated and has a plastic shifter, but I like it!!! It is a little on the light side but all in all a good boat. I boat on the Chesapeake bay which is capable of getting pretty snotty.
Very nice boat, I remember driving the first 22 Big Block 22 in the early '80s ,, awesome ride. it took a little different technique than the single outboard one though.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are a few pics. of a new all black gelcoat Pantera 24' SE we delivered a few months back powered by a single Merc. 496 HO - 425 HP with CMI headers. Boat was alot of fun to run out in the ocean.

JO - Pantera Boats
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-269.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-299.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-306.jpg  

Old 09-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Registered

A few more pics. "Caron" vinyl on the upholstery including custom "Black Pearl" embroidery. Custom race trim tabs with indicators, Full hydraulic race steering system, complete hand laid race lamination, Pirelli rubber non skid flooring with padded angled footrests, MOMO leather race wheel, Livorsi gauges with colored bezels, race motor mounts, custom race battery boxes , etc. etc. are all "standard equipment".

Regards,

Jo
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-285.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-260.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-279.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 09-26-2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Registered

Default sweet- keep em coming

Really nice work.

Whats that rig cost ? (about)

Paint and interior is really clean and well executed.

Not personally of fan of "pirates with eyeliner" movies but the clients paying for it and the work is superb.

Trailer setup boxing in the drive is different from what Im used to but a good idea considering how many boats Ive seen pulled over that were rear ended.

thanks for posting.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Old 09-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IRONMAN
Very nice boat, I remember driving the first 22 Big Block 22 in the early '80s ,, awesome ride. it took a little different technique than the single outboard one though.

Thanks! I am sure it does not compare to a 24 Cig, 24 Pantera, 24 Excaliber, etc. etc. in the rough, but it will hold its own against any other 22 foot or less boat.

It does take a little different technique to run these boats. I am currently installing a Dart block based 406 that came off of the dyno at 594hp. Should make it real interesting!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered

Thanks. Boat was custom made to our customer's exact specifications. Customer had approximately $ 75,000 - $ 78,000 into this entire package with CMI header upgrade. Cabin was finished in white vinyl with 1/2 inch padding including colored light panels, porta potti, storages, cup holders, stereo, etc. etc.

GPS, custom push button ignition panel, Stainless Marine indicators, Marine Machine hydraulic race steering, and MOMO leather race wheel were all part of the package.

Regards,

JO
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-233.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-249.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-305.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 09-26-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Registered

Couple of questions if you dont mind me asking.....

1. Where and how did he choose to mount the gps?
I ask because this detail turned out to be a pain for me. It looks like he has room for a bracket mount between the top of th egauge cluster and the back of the windshield.

2. How do you keep the wheel centered with a full hydraulic unit? (or is that cable operated hydraulic) wouldnt the unit drift on power off/on and ultimately "center" could be with the flat spot to the side, or up? This problem forced me to remove my older style trim on wheel system.

Thanks again!

Uncle Dave
Old 09-27-2008, 12:05 AM
Registered

Dave, On this particular 24' customer wanted GPS mounted on the fiberglass windscreen facing the driver. Here is another 24' SE we delivered last Summer with GPS mounted in front of dash with stock GPS mount.

JO
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-234.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-boat-pics.-441.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-ownersboatspg16_22.jpg  

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 09-27-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Registered

picts are great....

Tough choices-

Id say the windscreen mount looks better, but I cant imagine reaching over while running to adjust or change a waypoint, its just doesnt seem practical.

Where the Se mount isn't quite as sanitary, it seems more flexible- you could rest a palm on the windscreen to stabilize your hand and reach over with your thumb to change a range setting.

THANKS!

Uncle Dave

Quick Reply: Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.