Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? >

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Notices

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craney
Lets see a Thunder,Velocity,Apache and a Powerplay somethings missing !!!!!
Your right!

Actually our other buddy was there with us too. His boat was to the left and out of this picture. It's a 28' Pantera with a pair of 468's.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
I don't have much to compare but I loved the way my old 245 Chris Craft limited with a BBC, handled.
Are you absolutely sure? I had one 10 years ago and I hated it. I remember a day I was really
close to jump of the da*n boat in 45mph speed ......

prostock, I hope everthing is fine with you

Mange
Old 11-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by T2x
The post above is confusing....

Questions:

1. What is " Pole Position?"

2. Who is the "we" in "we're the best"....

Regarding the listing you linked to.

1. What does this have to do with boats 25 feet and under?

2. Can you sort this nightmare by powerplant(s) so as to get "apples to apples" comparisons?

3. Does a boat attaining xxx mph in 1988 mean anything when compared to a more recent test with newer props and drives?

Aside from talking in circles about the validity or non validity of boat tests from....... West Coast Publications......What is your point?

T2x
Thank you T2x
Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mange
Are you absolutely sure? I had one 10 years ago and I hated it. I remember a day I was really
close to jump of the da*n boat in 45mph speed ......

prostock, I hope everthing is fine with you

Mange
Mange,
Knowing what I know now, it wasn't the greatest, but until I got the 312, it was my largest boat to date. It felt solid and tracked well. I was only on the boat in lake conditions so I guess I haven't experienced much.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Roktoy- here is a comprehensive breakdown of speed tests by brand stating- power, test date , testing authority, and of course radar/gps speed. It doesn't take into account props however but you can look at the dates and get archive info from the various testers magazine.

By comparing relative boat lengths with identical power you can get a good idea of a brands hull efficiency of course there's a chance a manufacturer could rig a light layup for a test, but I doubt it as the boats go on to be sold and a "race layup" is a huge liability in a product with a 10-20 year lifespan.

Before cries of "foul" start and the "chin music" begins flowing- you should know that when boat is featured in a magazine the actual vendor is almost always present for the "top speed test", and allowed to drive it themselves if not happy with the results. This stops the "bought and paid for BS" from the start.

Enjoy!

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor-710
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406 SB
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700
Nissan Titan
DOES this mean I should junk my boat its going to be 21years old in 2 months and for its birthday we are building a 1000hp motor to replace the 1993 650hp motor oh by the way my boat won PB in 1988.. Artimus
Old 11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uhh not sure.

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
DOES this mean I should junk my boat its going to be 21years old in 2 months and for its birthday we are building a 1000hp motor to replace the 1993 650hp motor oh by the way my boat won PB in 1988.. Artimus

Im not sure I understand your question.

Your quote of mine was taken quite a ways into a complex discussion that included step benefits if any, as well as hull construction (hand laid/vacuum bad, and resin infusion as techniques available today.)

My point was the document provided shows identical manufacterers models that used identical power with the difference being steps.

This data can then be used by the original poster to discern what the various hull in his size ranged test at and at what power.

Almost, but not all tests conducted show some % gain for steps. It varies but most hulls show a gain. Id be happy to look at as comprehensive a document from anyone here.

Even highly respected East Coast builders like Joe at Pantera claim an increase (actually he claims 10% with no handling decrease- please take a look at the Pantera 28 SR and read his posts. )

Im sticking with what the numbers show vs stories without data backing them up. Please post any data you have that compares the hulls the poster was interested in. I'd like to see them.

Take a look at my Laveycraft 2750 in the Laveycraft forum and tell me what you think.

"Uncle Dave"

Laveycraft 2750 Ilmor 710
Old 11-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
DKerns - your about that, this is how it should be.

I see the A-44 team Gulfwind there that was the A Class kile record holder for a few years 83 or 84 Mph?

That really was when racing was fun and it didn't cost an arm an a leg.

Joe Gere
OPA is the cheapest and best racing of all time, its about 500 for the boat and 500 for driver and throttleman for the season plus GPS 400?? about class 600 is 26 and under 70mph, There a great way to get started. In the mid 90s when the lid boats came [BRONX PHANTOM ] A CLASS WENT FROM 500CI 600HP TO 550CI about 800hp. I raced in 02 apba cost me about 1500 for the year boat , driver, throttleman and 500 per race.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tick.... tock.....

Hmm still no data- not surprising.

Rather than me "talking in circles" I posted data supporting my position.

Others either cant, wont or don't post any actual data. Supposedly somehow my data is biased, but so far Ive seen non other to compare it to. (Aside from Joe at Panteras new input on their model which backs up other manufacturers relative findings on the topic)

Just more stories, opinion and preference.

Brand preference is a strong thing that can blind a person to reality.

How's Dean Gellner coming along with your engine?

"Uncle Dave"

Old 11-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
1980, 24 ft. Jaws Super Sport by Lorequin Marine in Florida. Great looking boat and rides great in rough water.
Hey, Don't laugh, Me and Jim Arvis (OSS's Cheif inspector) Raced one for a year, it was a pleasure boat converted to a race boat, still had the inner liner in the cabin and all. we smoked fully built race boats all the time in the rough. only 2 boats that really did better, Hogsbreath 26'corsa (that measures 24') and Franks Marine 24' Carrera/Scorpion. That friggin Jaws boat was the Sh*t in the rough (until we sunk it) Had it been a Real race boat it would have faired better............
Old 11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Hmm still no data- not surprising. no time don't care

Rather than me "talking in circles" I posted data supporting my position. ok

Others either cant, wont or don't post any actual data. Supposedly somehow my data is biased, but so far Ive seen non other to compare it to. (Aside from Joe at Panteras new input on their model which backs up other manufacturers relative findings on the topic)

Just more stories, opinion and preference. OPINONS THATS WHAT MAKES THIS PLACE FUN

Brand preference is a strong thing that can blind a person to reality. EVEYONE LIKES THERE OWN JUST LIKE YOU DO

How's Dean Gellner coming along with your engine? GREAT I CAN'T WAIT!!

"Uncle Dave"

Just like half the people don't understand what I say sometimes aka my pain pills !!A lot don't understand what you are saying. boats do last longer than 20yrs just go to BAJA FORUM look under pics of my boat you will see mine and read of some of rework thats been done from 06 or having done making changes for the better. my fav boat 28 joker, sutphen 26/ new 27 well new and old 30/31 too. I like custom paint may do that too. I might put that new motor in a new joker 28 who knows well good night boys.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 11-30-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.