Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller? >

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Notices

Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Old 08-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It's hard to find a great riding 24/25 that can be fitted comfortably. The AT 28 Savage seems to have more freeboard, and a larger cabin than anything else in that class. Even an enclosed head I will never, ever again buy a primary boat without an enclosed head, ever.

Baja seemed to be about the only other player in that class, but their cabins aren't as spacious. The speed of the AT 28 seemed pretty impressive with a single engine, then I noted it was a standard 525.

The list of 24 degree Vee hulls that ride well, perform well, and have cabin features seems to be pretty small. Now if AT can option in a windshield similar to the Sunsation, hmmmm. Which, BTW, comparing rough water rides (by that I mean pounding and/or relentless porpoising), who on this list is best?

ACTIVE THUNDER
POWERPLAY
FORMULA
BAJA

I would think going forward, all brands will have to go back to the drawing board and compete in the smaller models as well.

Last edited by VtSteve; 08-29-2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: WRONG POWERXXXX
Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

26' Corsa actually measures in 25' range. Best little boat I have ever had. Fast, easy handling, crushes the rough, and has a great racing heritage.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNnlykTxbB0

Is this a batboat or the other bat looking deal ? (cant remember the name)

Whatever it is is getting its A$$ handed to it by the Pantera and other normal v.

These winged boats aren't really practical to own and ingress and egress is a pain as is docking.

Im sure the 300 drag motor hauls tail- at the same time I dont think its going to live very long.

I'd advise sticking with a "regular guy" 24 ft rig.

UD
The Pantra looks bigger than a 24' it also isn't running a single small block like the Bat Boat.

This one is for sale for $30,000
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-7z0x7488.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-7z0x8373.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-7z0x8379.jpg  

Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
The Pantra looks bigger than a 24' it also isn't running a single small block like the Bat Boat.

This one is for sale for $30,000

BTW I dont own either pet brand here just pointing out what Ive seen and what I can look up.

and announcing its for sale - makes your point look a lot like spam.

Announcer says these are factory 1 boats that would mean 1 engine by default.

Factory 1

The Factory I class consists of 24 to 30 foot V hull boats with one MerCruiser HP 500 and Bravo One outdrive. This package results in typical speeds in the 70 to 75 mile per hour range. Atypical speeds in the official kilometer speed runs have shown 77 for one of the F1 boats in the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series (August 1999). The world kilometer record is a nat's hair over 81 miles per hour, but this is on a grand fathered "A" class boat that was downgraded to F1 by changing the motor to the required stock 500 horse power. When this boat's grandfathering expires, you will not likely ever see 80 miles per hour in an legitimate F1 boat again.

Factory 2

The Factory 2 class consists of 30 to 39 foot V hull boats with two MerCruiser HP 500s and Bravo One outdrives. This package results in typical speeds in the 85 to 90 mile per hour range. Sucks don't it? Add another 500 horse power to a deep v hull and it only goes 10 or so miles per hour faster. The laws of physics are kind of tough.

UD
Old 08-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Favorite 25' and under offshore?

The 25' Powerplay of course.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts
Thumbs up

I like this thread.. guess I made a good choice for my first boat, for Lake Michigan (with encouragement from folks here)

Old 08-30-2009, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

She`s old be a good ride.
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-pics-06-033-large-.jpg   Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?-pics-06-035-large-.jpg  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Racer
Racer

Factory 1

The Factory I class consists of 24 to 30 foot V hull boats with one MerCruiser HP 500 and Bravo One outdrive. This package results in typical speeds in the 70 to 75 mile per hour range. Atypical speeds in the official kilometer speed runs have shown 77 for one of the F1 boats in the Great Lakes Silver Cup Series (August 1999). The world kilometer record is a nat's hair over 81 miles per hour, but this is on a grand fathered "A" class boat that was downgraded to F1 by changing the motor to the required stock 500 horse power. When this boat's grandfathering expires, you will not likely ever see 80 miles per hour in an legitimate F1 boat again.

UD
75mph for a F1 boat sounds about 5 mph short. BTW the yellow bat boat pictured with a stock 377 Scorpion and 30" Bravo 1 runs 84mph.

It is for sale.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Factory 1

UD
Uncle Dave,

Not trying to be rude, but I must disagree with you. If you go to www.starsrescue.com and go under Chattanooga Mile Records my 29 Fountain posted 86 and change. To this day it has a stock sealed(Innovation) 500EFI(per APBA LLC & SBI rules). My boat was never an "A" boat and has been F1 legal since 2001 with APBA LLC and SBI until 2008 when the F1 class was discontinued. My normal race setup is 82-84 mph when I was in F1 and I averaged approx 74-76 mph and in 07 pulled off a timed lap over 78. Over this past winter I went up to Charlotte in 25 degree weather and ran a 30 hydro with 2 GPS's and one said 93.2 and one said 92.7. I was however 150 lbs under official weight and keep in mind the temp I mentioned. As I said above I am not trying to be rude, but where are you getting your information????? Also FYI the official Kilo record is held by Steve Kildahl in a Velocity VR1 in 2002 Savannah @ 82.99mph. This can be verified on the UIM site.

By all means I invite you to not take my word for it, come and ride in it with me and I'll show you the seals, a copy of the rule book to verify that if F1 still existed it would be legal and we'll cruz @ 85 all day long.

Trent

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 08-30-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Uncle Dave,

Not trying to be rude, but I must disagree with you. If you go to www.starsrescue.com and go under Chattanooga Mile Records my 29 Fountain posted 86 and change. To this day it has a stock sealed(Innovation) 500EFI(per APBA LLC & SBI rules). My boat was never an "A" boat and has been F1 legal since 2001 with APBA LLC and SBI until 2008 when the F1 class was discontinued. My normal race setup is 82-84 mph when I was in F1 and I averaged approx 74-76 mph and in 07 pulled off a timed lap over 78. Over this past winter I went up to Charlotte in 25 degree weather and ran a 30 hydro with 2 GPS's and one said 93.2 and one said 92.7. I was however 150 lbs under official weight and keep in mind the temp I mentioned. As I said above I am not trying to be rude, but where are you getting your information????? Also FYI the official Kilo record is held by Steve Kildahl in a Velocity VR1 in 2002 Savannah @ 82.99mph. This can be verified on the UIM site.

By all means I invite you to not take my word for it, come and ride in it with me and I'll show you the seals, a copy of the rule book to verify that if F1 still existed it would be legal and we'll cruz @ 85 all day long.

Trent
No worries on the disagreement - I agree with you and disagree even with me- heres why...

Trent, the entire verbage on the mail especially past the "The Factory I class consists of 24 to 30 foot V hull boats with one MerCruiser HP 500 and Bravo One outdrive."

- is a simple cut and paste from an ancient APBA site and not mine.

I simply went to an old APBA site to get a statement on how many engines a factory 1 class boat runs - and cut that but didnt bother to trim either statement past the "factory class" engine rating side.

I should have spent more time editing and not blindly put up someone elses old rant.

As for the speeds I agree they have already been eclisped by single engine f1 boats including my own pet companies

my bad..

UD

Quick Reply: Favorite Offshore 25ft and smaller?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.