Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So What Happened to the Bat Boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/195665-so-what-happened-bat-boat.html)

Michael1 09-19-2008 01:03 AM

So What Happened to the Bat Boat?

I haven't heard much about the bat boat lately. Last I heard it was being built by Armada Enterprises in NY (maybe that was the 28), but I see their website is dead now. It appears that a one design race series was setup around the V24 in the UK, and is currently active. I believe Chris Reindl has been doing some racing, too. Just curious, who, if anyone, is still building and sellng them.
Michael

Anarchy Powerboats 09-19-2008 02:36 AM

The lease program is still going on, Chris's Mother passed on a couple of weeks ago, if you are interested GlassDave (Dave Sikorski) may be able to help you out til' Chris returns to the board.

C_Spray 09-19-2008 07:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The Armada deal imploded around 2000, and Reindl took it over, focusing mostly on the one-design 24 footers. Vector boats is now building a high-end open version of the 28. I intend to have my 28 back on the water next summer.

Ms PatriYacht 09-19-2008 07:49 AM

Chris and one or two bats boats have been at a lot of the OPA races this year

ScottB 09-19-2008 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I thought you meant this bat boat:drink:

fantastixvoyage 09-19-2008 11:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
If anyone is looking for one Wahoo (Dean) has his up for sale. These are fun boats for sure, total rocket ships. Had a blast at a poker run last year - passed numerous big vees with big power...something about being harnessed in and a canopy that makes you run a bit harder in the snot! :ernaehrung004: Oh ya, boat is now yellow with a freshened up Merc 377 scorpion.

TexomaPowerboater 09-19-2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 2690819)
Had a blast at a poker run last year - passed numerous big vees with big power...something about being harnessed in and a canopy that makes you run a bit harder in the snot! :ernaehrung004: Oh ya, boat is now yellow with a freshened up Merc 377 scorpion.

You mean its not the wings:evilb:

gdfatha 09-19-2008 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the Bat's at the Worlds a couple of years ago.....

Racegirl3 09-19-2008 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The bat boats are soooo much fun ..... and ... its so easy even a girl can do it :D Actually, Mary Ann is doing a great job racin this year .... I had a blast last year :drink:

dont,lie,to,me 09-20-2008 08:48 AM

Chris's Bat's were the introduction ride ,to a LOT of peoplewho went on to much larger boats , racing in the past 8 years or so .I always wanted see a field of 10 at a time in their own class . I think I did see six once in Key West . They were fun .