Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sbi/opa. Bad Bad Planning ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19576-sbi-opa-bad-bad-planning.html)

Hauling Trash 03-07-2002 06:09 PM

Dave`s buying drinks , See you in A.C.

p.s. Sorry can`t pass on a free drink

MIKE

p.s. , I need a ride :confused:

puder 03-07-2002 07:05 PM

a 13' sweep boat!!!!

now that would be good for a larf!

Shanghied Again 03-07-2002 08:09 PM

I still am deaply troubled! I still feel that this is a force issue to see who is dedictaed to who! And not started by the NJPPC.

Pete Who loves the races and is as dedicated to Offshore racing and is also been a Pace boat from as many years as I can remember is also a Member of The NJPPC and loves Poker Runs!

Charlie, Who loves the races and is another dedicated Offshore volunteer as a Medic boat also a Member of the NJPPC and loves Poker Runs!

These are just 2 names and I could go on and on!
Ron is this fair to these guys that they are forced with a choice!
and Ron you know me! I dont care about SBI-APBA or any other racing association. I just love Boating any boating and I like many others like to help out!

Why Leave any Boater with a choice they Don't want to make. Be Smart and tell them to change the date! The NJPPC is already writen in stone.

PS. Yea running a poker run is a good Idea when the Poker Run is running in conjunction with the race not the opposite way to hurry home the next day to volunteer after a night of partying!

Chris yes we will definetly be partying that night! and I am hoping for semi calm water because I am taking her out in the Ocean!

Ron P 03-08-2002 12:06 AM

Frank, you are trying to start something that is untrue. As I mentioned before, the schedule conflict was within the SBI race schedule. Like it or not, these are the facts. It sounds like you want it to be something more sinister but it just does not exist.

We don't want anyone to have to make a choice. Please go on the Poker Run and enjoy yourself. Just think how great it is for your poker run to end at a boat race! Don't many Poker runs try to schedule something like this? You make it sound like the Poker Runners would like to take a nice slow ride home on Sunday rather than rushing back for a boat race. Come on Frank, these guys live to rush around in their boats, so now you have a good reason to take a fast ride home. Isn't that the way they like it?

I think that this is all working out for the best and your just not seeing it, or don't want to. The only thing you'll miss is the party at Jenks the night before the race. I thought you stopped drinking anyhow??? The only one I really feel sorry for is Scott Blue and his medics that will need to come home early Sat night to do physicals in the morning.

Frank, actually you did some good by making your voice heard.
I just got back from the NJO board meeting and along with the State Police (Harry) we came up with some ways of specifically catering to the NJPPC club members that want to come and help with the race on the way home on Sunday.

We all agreed (primarily because of this thread (the power of OSO)) to delay the race from a 12 pm to a 1pm start. That is official! There are a few other ways that we will help NJPPC members to attend as well without needing to attend the volunteers meeting and even the Police will do inspections on your boats as you eat breakfast before the Poker Run on Sat. Now how is that for service! I'll address this subject fully in an email to the www.njoffshore.com mailing list tomorrow. It's late and it's too long to type right now.

I hope by our actions you see that we are sincere about our appreciation of all those NJPPC members who volunteer their time and boats in the name of safe offshore racing. Without volunteers there would be no race at all. We understand this and have done the best that we can under the conditions that were handed to us. As in all situations of life, it will prove to be impossible to make everyone happy. At least we tried. We hope you agree.

Ron

Ron P 03-08-2002 11:44 AM

Mike,

Sorry you can be there?

As always we will need to wait and see who shows up. For a divisional race if we have 25 boats it will be a good turnout.

What happened to the King of Brick? Have you been dethroned?

BODYSHOT1 03-08-2002 01:04 PM

HOW 'BOUT THEM YANKEES??!!!!

:rolleyes: :mad:

Shane 03-08-2002 02:03 PM

BODYSHOT,

This ain't da civil war! Shooooot, that war ended a long time ago. Dese are just some guys who's underwear is all tied up in a knot about some stupid boat race.:rolleyes: Now where are my wife's daisy dukes?:eek:

BODYSHOT1 03-08-2002 02:31 PM

I hear ya' Shane..just disappointing to see all of this done in public, speaking as a member of both organizations...

ah well...

:( :rolleyes:

Boat Girl 03-08-2002 11:43 PM

Okay, I am probably going to take some heat for this, but so be it, I dont mind the heat...I dont think SBI did this on purpose, SBI is a racing organization, and I am sure they try to respect all of the poker runs and other events, but as Ron P stated, there are only so many weeks of summer and so many events to fit in...The season is very limited...Ron P had a great suggestion to start the race a bit later to accomodate poker runners that might want to attend, I didnt see any other suggestions...Has anyone talked to the people involved I am sure SBI and OPA will try to be as accomodating as possible...I dont see a reason to start throwing stones here, I can understand why people are torn, but dont take it personally, I'm sure it wasnt intentional...Me, I will be at the races, only for the fact that I am not a huge fan of AC...whichever event everyone decides to attend, have fun and be safe... ;)

puder 03-09-2002 12:10 AM

hey there boat girl!!!!

where have you been???? Hope all is well!

You better be at the OPA races!!!!

:D